Kenmore Dryer Model 79680441900
The other night my girlfriend turned on the oven in the kitchen and it sparked then would not work. Later she noticed the dryer did not power on at all either. These two appliances run off the same dedicated electrical supply and run off the same breaker. I've been trying to troubleshoot the dryer first. Here are my tests so far:
1) Flipped breaker off then back on
2) Checked voltage at the outlet (both outlets)
3) Disconnected the power cord from the terminal block and tested the power cord. L1/N-120, L2/N-120, L1/L2-240.
4) Checked the thermal fuse for continuity.
5) Reconnected the power cord to terminal block.
HERES WHERE IT GETS WEIRD:
After reconnecting the power cord to the terminal block I recheck as I did before however now my readings are as follows:
L1/N-18, L2/N-240, L1,L2- 240.
I dont understand what would cause these readings to flip once the cord is reconnected to the terminal block.