Forum > Dryer Repair

Kenmore Electric Dryer won't Start/Run but will Heat

<< < (2/4) > >>

rockinrobin:

--- Quote from: jumptrout51 on February 20, 2013, 06:20:22 AM ---The centrifugal switch on the motor is stuck in the closed position.
May be due to a lint buildup.
You may be able to unstick it.
If not,AJ is correct....motor time.

--- End quote ---
How do I check the Centrifugal Switch to see if it's stuck (attach photo/video if available).

bigbuck:
Sounds to me heating element shorted to ground & blew thermal fuse, check with ohm meter.

rockinrobin:

--- Quote from: bigbuck on February 20, 2013, 11:35:07 AM ---Sounds to me heating element shorted to ground & blew thermal fuse, check with ohm meter.

--- End quote ---
If the Element has continuity does that mean it's OK or should I remove/examine the Element for a broken coil.

jumptrout51:
You can check the element to ground by placing 1 meter lead on the element terminal and the other on the element housing.
Then the other element lead and housing.
The meter set for continuity should not read.
If it reads,it is broken and shorted.
The thermal fuse if bad,would not allow any sound when the start button is pushed.

rockinrobin:

--- Quote from: jumptrout51 on February 20, 2013, 03:38:31 PM ---You can check the element to ground by placing 1 meter lead on the element terminal and the other on the element housing.
Then the other element lead and housing.
The meter set for continuity should not read.
If it reads,it is broken and shorted.
The thermal fuse if bad,would not allow any sound when the start button is pushed.

--- End quote ---
Thanks for the info. O0

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version