Author Topic: LG model LFX23961ST doesnt blow cold air to fridge when you close the freezer..  (Read 2141 times)

Offline Flopville

• VIP Member
wow..I'm stumped or stupid..I've gone through every inch of this fridge and can not bring myself to think its a computer problem. The damper is open, actually took the duct vent away to check. All vents are clear..No ICE buildup what so ever and the fans are working very strong. When ever I shut the bottom freezer door, the cold air to the fridge stops blowing into it. The fan is working when I do this! The return air vent has been steamed and is getting proper air flow..Its a LG LFX23961ST french door model..Any suggestions?..Thanks!

Offline domain

• Technician
Does it beep as if a door is left open? You may have your alarm turned off. So if you open the freezer drawer, and hold in the door switches, you have airflow to your fresh food section? And if yes, you close the door to find it not allowing proper air flow? :D

Offline domain

• Technician
If all ducting is clear, I would ensure your freezer switch is operating properly. :D

Offline Flopville

• VIP Member
The fridge is not cooling properly..There is no air flow to the fridge..The fan that blows air to the freezer and the fridge through the air duct is working properly..There is no reason why the fridge shouldnt be cooling to a set temp otherwise. Why isnt it getting any air flow while the freezer door is shut?..As soon as the freezer door is opened, with the switch taped closed, it gets air flow?..Thanks

Offline domain

• Technician
So keep the tape on the switch and close the door. If airflow does stop I would still believe return air has a block somewhere. :D

Offline domain

• Technician
If the airflow is fine with switch taped closed that tells me your circuitry is fine. The only thing that happens when that door is closed with switch taped shut is seals the box. The only option is airflow. :D

Offline Flopville

• VIP Member
Theres two ports on the bottom floor of the fridge and comes out in the freezer..Im assuming thats the cold air return. I shot steam through it and really couldnt tell if it helped, but it was flowing through..How else can I check the vent?..Doesnt look like any kind of access..Thanks!

Offline domain

• Technician
Simply as lifting the left side of the evaporator and let the steam flow up into the fridge. :D

Offline Flopville

• VIP Member
Yes..not simply..but yes..How else can I see if the return vent is not blocked?..thanks

Offline domain

• Technician
That is the way I am familiar with. Do you have any additional info? :D

Offline Flopville

• VIP Member
As in?...thanks

Offline domain

• Technician
 :D wilds photo.

Offline Flopville

• VIP Member
.I left it running for 16 hours, just the way it is now..The fridge is set at 37 and the freeze at 0..The fridge never touched 55 and there was only a hard cold look on the exchange...or whatever it is...thanks?..all switches are taped when I open the fridge door to see if its getting air flow..How much air flow should there be?..I taped a piece of thin paper towel to the outlet in the fridge..When the freezer is shut..its doesn't even flinch..thanks

Offline domain

• Technician
The fresh food airflow will not be as powerful as the freezer but is able to be felt by your hand easily. Just open the freezer and feel the flow out of the fresh food venting? :D

Offline domain

• Technician
What was the series of events causing you to tear into this fridge. :D

MSD2756DEB Maytag side by side-freezer cold,but fridge is at 50 degree's

Started by djbrun

Replies: 7
Views: 3613
Last post September 07, 2009, 11:15:58 PM
by RegUS_PatOff
Fridge not cold enough, Freezer too cold.

Started by GiantSquid

Replies: 6
Views: 4989
Last post December 30, 2009, 09:04:30 PM
by Jos
Haier Fridge Hot/Freezer Cold

Started by Diyeng

Replies: 11
Views: 4743
Last post June 27, 2011, 06:10:45 PM
by JWWebster
LG LRBC22544ST fridge/freezer combo no longer blowing cold air.

Started by umoms

Replies: 1
Views: 1364
Last post October 30, 2011, 07:38:55 AM
by wildimaginations
Maytag Refrigerator- Model MSD2756GEB- Freezer OK, Fridge section not cool

Started by tcape

Replies: 8
Views: 2593
Last post April 20, 2012, 06:02:27 AM
by RegUS_PatOff
Maytag GZ2626GEKB Fridge Freezer (240 volt model)

Started by Jimb0s

Replies: 0
Views: 1123
Last post August 30, 2012, 03:28:35 PM
by Jimb0s