Forum > Dryer Repair

Whirlpool LEQ9030PQ0 No Heat

(1/4) > >>

domain:
I have a whirlpool dryer that has no heat and also will run any selected cycle, INCLUDING timed dry, and will advance to COOL DOWN and run forever. The element was open and the timer checks out. I KNOW that the element WILL take care of both of the issues including the running continuously. BUT my question is this, WHY. I am no pro on timers, but worked my way around this one. Someone please explain. Thanks. :D

dab147315:
The timer on the automatic cycle will only advance on the off cycle of the cycling thermostat.Therefore no heat for any reason the timer motor will get no power to advance it to the off cycle.Time cycle like a clock.Once you set it for 60 min. or so the timer motor will tick down and shut off with no heat or with heat.

domain:

--- Quote from: dab147315 on February 13, 2013, 04:42:15 PM ---The timer on the automatic cycle will only advance on the off cycle of the cycling thermostat.Therefore no heat for any reason the timer motor will get no power to advance it to the off cycle.Time cycle like a clock.Once you set it for 60 min. or so the timer motor will tick down and shut off with no heat or with heat.

--- End quote ---
I do not wanna disagree, but my research deems a element WILL take care of the issue. I find it hard to believe it will tick like clockwork and get stuck on cool down in any cycle being a bad timer. Also I do not believe that the element AND timer went at the same time. This is just my thoughts, I highly respect and praise your feedback!!!! :D

dab147315:
I did not say you had a bad timer.You the way i read it was.Why on the auto cycle did the timer not advance.I answer that question.

dab147315:
And your right the heating element will take care off it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version