Author Topic: Kenmore HE Topload Washer Out of Balance (Display shows UE) Model 796.29002000  (Read 8270 times)

Offline niobrara

• Technician
Domain SP sorry? I've been running into this a lot.

Offline domain

• Technician
Doman, ever replaced the clutch to fix the unbalanced washer?
No I have not. Have you? If so, explain the logic please!!! :D

Offline niobrara

• Technician
I was reading that a out of balance can be caused with the spring in the clutch on the topload lg's.The logic comes from LG's repairs for the problem. I have one that has had everything replaced's so I ordered one. I will update if it resolves the issue.Wondered if anyone else had run into this, and how you tell if the clutch is the problem?Without replacing everything else !!

Offline domain

• Technician
IDK buddy, does not make sense to me??? You would not believe how simple these DD clutch mechanisms are. The only spring I am aware of should not have anything to do with how it spins, as long as it does spin.... :D

Offline niobrara

• Technician
I really like there washers. And have not had a lot of problems with them,but now have 3 that keep unbalancing. Looking at the records on them about everything has been replaced,a couple of at least twice.Software was updated also. So I'm trying a clutch on one. One I really think is customer issue. But that still leaves the other two.And yes they all spin. Thanks, hopefully Wild or John can share some information.

Offline JWWebster

• Technician
  • SublimeMasterJW
    • Buy me a beer through paypal
    • JW's Sublime Appliance Advice
If you have object between tubs could that cause unbalance load? Did you check that?
May the hinges of our friendship
        never grow rusty.

About the icons: The beer is tip link, if a tech saves ya some money buy em a 6 pack. The small green square=personal message. The green dot is a link to my web page on appliance repair and other general BS I love to post. The letter sends me email.
I love fan letters! LOL

Offline domain

• Technician
If you have object between tubs could that cause unbalance load? Did you check that?
Sorry JW, but I have NEVER seen anything get in between the LG TOP loaders tubs, besides water. :D

Offline domain

• Technician
I really like there washers. And have not had a lot of problems with them,but now have 3 that keep unbalancing. Looking at the records on them about everything has been replaced,a couple of at least twice.Software was updated also. So I'm trying a clutch on one. One I really think is customer issue. But that still leaves the other two.And yes they all spin. Thanks, hopefully Wild or John can share some information.
I agree. Their front load washers are TOP notch. Like anything new, the top loaders have a few bugs but LG is one of the most proactive companies to resolve them. I also STRONGLY believe that customers MIS loading the machines is 95% of the uE/UE errors. On the other hand, how can one be unbalanced when EMPTY, spinning like a top. :D

Offline JWWebster

• Technician
  • SublimeMasterJW
What about worn suspension rods? I just looked it up this one is beltless with suspension rods. I wonder if one of them rods is bad causing the UE?
« Last Edit: February 14, 2013, 09:26:48 AM by JWWebster »
        never grow rusty.

About the icons: The beer is tip link, if a tech saves ya some money buy em a 6 pack. The small green square=personal message. The green dot is a link to my web page on appliance repair and other general BS I love to post. The letter sends me email.
I love fan letters! LOL

Offline domain

• Technician
What about worn suspension rods? How is the tub suspended? Never even seen an LG top loader. Most of these machines nowadays have rods holding the tub. Some have lateral straps. Have no idea what an LG top loader looks likes.
That may be possible. However, these units are often only months old, so I TEND to believe they are alright. Again, the issue is when empty. :D

Offline JWWebster

• Technician
  • SublimeMasterJW
Well if they are new machines then thats an easy one. BoBo install. The legs were not properly leveled most likely.
        never grow rusty.

I love fan letters! LOL

Offline domain

• Technician
Well if they are new machines then thats an easy one. BoBo install. The legs were not properly leveled most likely.
The units I have encountered, were installed correctly. SILLY JW! :D

Offline john63

• Technician
Try this...

Make 2 marks with a sharpie---one on the STATOR---and another on the TUB.

Now remove the STATOR and re-install in a different position.

Test washer in spin (empty tub).

Re-position the STATOR several times---if needed---until the washer spins without imbalance (or triggers an error).

Offline domain

• Technician
Try this...

Make 2 marks with a sharpie---one on the STATOR---and another on the TUB.

Now remove the STATOR and re-install in a different position.

Test washer in spin (empty tub).

Re-position the STATOR several times---if needed---until the washer spins without imbalance (or triggers an error).
Has this worked for you? How did you fathom this?

Offline niobrara

• Technician
Thanks John

donate
$1, $2, $5, $10, $20, $50

kenmore washer series 70 model 110.20702990 won,t drain

Started by HORN 34

Replies: 1
Views: 1619
Last post February 21, 2009, 01:22:44 PM
by JWWebster
Kenmore washer basket off balance