Author Topic: Kenmore HE Topload Washer Out of Balance (Display shows UE) Model 796.29002000  (Read 12396 times)

Offline rockinrobin

• Technician
    • Buy me a beer through paypal
    • Ransom Mobile Appliance Repair Service
My washer is less than 1.5 Years Old and the display shows UE (Out of Balance) during Spin mode (with/without laundry). The Basket moves freely both direction's, Legs are level and the Support/Suspension Rod's look fine. I checked the Sensor Assembly (p/n EBD50360202 located in lower rear corner by Drain Pump) with Multimeter and it has NO Continuity (the wire harness has continuity). I looked inside the Cabinet for a Tech Sheet to assist me but it wasn't there >:( . Therefore, would the part mentioned above cause the UE error code? If not, do you have a Service Manual or can you tell me how to run a Diagnostic Test.

Offline JWWebster

• Technician
  • SublimeMasterJW
    • JW's Sublime Appliance Advice
Some of these washers were fixed by removing the counterweight at the base of the tub and adding 2 springs. I believe their is a buletin on it:
I do not know if it applys to your washer.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2013, 04:11:06 PM by JWWebster »
May the hinges of our friendship
        never grow rusty.

About the icons: The beer is tip link, if a tech saves ya some money buy em a 6 pack. The small green square=personal message. The green dot is a link to my web page on appliance repair and other general BS I love to post. The letter sends me email.
I love fan letters! LOL

Offline rockinrobin

• Technician
My Washer is made by LG (not Whirlpool) and I found the Service Manual from your website (listed under LG Top Load Washer). Anyway, I got it to spin in the Diagnostic Test then I ran the Drain/Spin Cycle and it worked :) . Therefore if it happens again, I'll test the Hall Sensor (aka Rotor Position Sensor) with my Multimeter.
 :thanks:

Offline domain

• Technician
That sensor that you have checked is for the waveforce feature (Called something else for Kenmore.) If the waveforce feature is powerful enough to cause slight splashing, it will accumulate on the top of the tub cover and localize in the 10 o'clock position into a funnel. This funnel is located directly above that sensor. It drips on the sensor and tells the computer, HEY SLOW IT DOWN BOSS! It should read open when dry, and closed when wet from splashing. This sensor has NOTHING to do with uE/UE errors. The only 2 parts associated with those errors are the Hall effect sensor, and DISPLAY pcb(Holds the software on TOP loaders). The Main pcb and wiring carry out the orders of the Display pcb. LG WT5001 and WT5101 were recalled due to possible injury of persons and machine having software that may not detect an out of balance condition. If the unit flashes unbalanced even when EMPTY, I would recommend having the software version checked to be sure it was up to date. I would believe that the hall sensor is ok, being that it is updated. Hope this helps.:D

Offline rockinrobin

• Technician
Sear's sent an Appliance Repairman who updated the Software but it didn't fix the problem.
Question: Does the UE error code only display during Spin or can it also display during Agitate/Wash?

Offline domain

• Technician
Should only show in spin when outer tub is engaged to the motor assembly. When in agitate, the tub is locked in to a "static state" only allowing the agitator plate to move. I have updated LG top loaders and had the machine display unbalanced when EMPTY after the update. I then replaced the display assembly, which appeared to take care of the issue. No guarantees on these machines, they are VERY picky. :D

Offline rockinrobin

• Technician
Is the Display Assy. also known as the Main PCB?
If not, can you give me the Part Number.

Offline domain

• Technician
I would wait for others to chime in, as I do not want any money WASTED. Part A062- EBR67460502 :D
http://www.searspartsdirect.com/partsdirect/part-model/Kenmore-elite-Parts/Washer-Parts/Model-79629002000/0583/0153200/F1103066/00001

Offline rockinrobin

• Technician
I would wait for others to chime in, as I do not want any money WASTED. Part A062- EBR67460502 :D
http://www.searspartsdirect.com/partsdirect/part-model/Kenmore-elite-Parts/Washer-Parts/Model-79629002000/0583/0153200/F1103066/00001
My washer is out of warranty, however should I call Sear's to see if they will send me the part at no charge since the Model# & S/N were listed on the recall.

Offline domain

• Technician
You may not have too much luck with them sending you the part. However if the recall update seemed to make it worse, ask if it may be possible to have the display PCB be replaced with the current software uploaded. The part numbers ARE different. Does it seem the same or worse/better than before/after the update?

kenmore washer series 70 model 110.20702990 won,t drain

Started by HORN 34

Replies: 3
Views: 2123
Last post December 09, 2014, 12:04:55 AM
by Washaman
Kenmore washer basket off balance

Started by skraw

Replies: 2
Views: 2855
Last post April 30, 2009, 06:03:16 AM
by Repair-man