Forum > Dryer Repair

$160 hi limit thermostat on ge dryer WTF?

<< < (8/9) > >>

desert:
speaking of repair clinic and dryer coils. They say that trying to test dryer coils with a multitester would be inconclusive. Is that true? This is an electric part correct?. Looking for continuity would be a waste of time.?

AJ:

--- Quote from: desert on April 09, 2013, 09:23:05 AM ---speaking of repair clinic and dryer coils. They say that trying to test dryer coils with a multitester would be inconclusive. Is that true? This is an electric part correct?. Looking for continuity would be a waste of time.?

--- End quote ---

Got a link to where you read that?

By multi tester do you mean multimeter or some kind of continuity tester with just a light and/or beeper on it?

This video talks about checking a heating element to check continuity on a dryer heating element.
Dryer Heating Element Help Video

I use a multimeter all the time to check continuity on dryer heating elements to see if they are bad or not.

desert:
when i say multitester i am mean a fluke digital VOM. I do not have a link i sent them a private message asking them what readings i should get on a meter for an ohms check and their response was testing the coils would be inconclusive.

AJ:

--- Quote ---when i say multitester i am mean a fluke digital VOM.
--- End quote ---
Cool, you a Fluke fan too? Love my Flukes!  O0

--- Quote ---I do not have a link i sent them a private message asking them what readings i should get on a meter for an ohms check and their response was testing the coils would be inconclusive.
--- End quote ---

Hmm, don't know why they would say that.
How did they suggest testing it then?

desert:
How do they suggest testing?..good question. I would see if i can pull up that message later but i think what they were trying to get at is just replace them.  I never got to the bottom of actually testing the coils or what the ohms reading should be. Oh, and yes I am a fluke fan:) :cheers:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version