Forum > Refrigerator & Freezer Repair

Maytag Fridge MFI2665XEW, Compressor running hot, Freezer at 36 degrees

<< < (2/3) > >>

Crazy Johnny:
We checked pressure with the unit off and got 38 psi.  Could that be because of a blockage in the line somewhere?  Or do you think whoever tried to fix it put too much freon in it?  I payed next to nothing for it, knowing that it had issues so I don't mind investing some money to get it fixed.

AJ:
Both high and low side pressure needs to be check at the same time well the compressor is running.

Pressure readings well the compressor is off mean nothing.

--- Quote ---I payed next to nothing for it, knowing that it had issues so I don't mind investing some money to get it fixed.
--- End quote ---

Unless you have refrigerant, scale or charging cylinder, vacuum pump, brazing equipment, a set of refrigeration gauges, leak detector, etc... and the skills to use the equipment you would need to call some experienced in sealed system repairs.

Could be some kind of restriction or low on refrigerant. If it's a restriction you are probably looking at some kind of problem with the dryer or cap tube. If it's low on refrigerant the sealed system has a leak. The leak would have to be found and repaired. During any kind of sealed system repair the dryer should also be replaced.

IMHO if you have the equipment, skills and the experience to do this type of repair yourself it maybe worth trying, if not forget about it and spend the money on a different refrigerator.

Just my 2 cents...

AJ:
Here are some manuals on sealed systems.

8178688 R-105 Whirlpool Sealed System Diagnosis

5995530150 Frigidaire Refrigerator Sealed System Training Manual

Crazy Johnny:
Thanks for the info AJ!

niobrara:
How are the new ones working with two Evaps and the switching valve and they have check valves in the lines how do they equalize

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version