I remember a post about what appliance guys did for fun and most responses had something to do with guns ,at least those were the responses that caught my eye. I live in upstate NY and our effin Governor (Cuomo) drafted the toughest gun laws in the US late at night and didn't allow the public to review it in the 3 day viewing period as perscribed by NY law for fear of massive protests and all the democraps signed it early in the morning the next day and here we are.
NY SAFE Act
In the wake of the Sandy Hook Elementary School shooting, New York became the first state following the massacre to enact stricter gun control laws when it passed the NY SAFE Act on January 15, 2013. New measures include:
1) Bans possession of any high-capacity magazines regardless of when they were made or sold. The maximum capacity for a detachable magazine is reduced from ten rounds to seven. Magazines owned before passage of the SAFE Act able to hold seven to ten rounds can be possessed, but cannot be loaded with more than seven rounds. The magazine limit takes effect April 15, 2013.
2) Ammunition dealers are required to do background checks, similar to those for gun buyers. Dealers are required to report all sales, including amounts, to the state. Internet sales of ammunition are allowed, but the ammunition will have to be shipped to a licensed dealer in New York state for pickup.
3) Requires creation of a registry of assault weapons. Those New Yorkers who already own such weapons would be required to register their guns with the state.
4) Requires any therapist who believes a mental health patient made a credible threat of harming others to report the threat to a mental health director, who would then have to report serious threats to the state Department of Criminal Justice Services. A patient's gun could be taken from him or her.
5) Stolen guns are required be reported within 24 hours. Failure to report can result in a misdemeanor.
6) Reduces definition of "assault weapon" from two identified features to one.
7) Requires background checks for all gun sales, including by private sellers - except for sales to members of the seller's immediate family.
Makes the unsafe storage of assault weapons a misdemeanor.
9) Bans the Internet sale of assault weapons.
10) Increases sentences for gun crimes including for taking a gun on school property.
11) Increases penalties for shooting first responders (Webster provision) to life in prison without parole.
12) Limits the state records law to protect handgun owners from being identified publicly.
13) Requires pistol permit holders or owners of registered assault weapons to have them renewed at least every five years.
I just got back from my local gun dealer and the place has been packed all week. The shelves are empty of firearms and ammo. The owner is excited about sales but is nervous about restocking guns and ammo because this is going on all over the country and most items are on factory backorder.
What a country, these lib's just chit on the constitution because they think they know whats best for you. We have to fight this.
This is the beginning of gun confiscation and it's coming to a state near you.