Forum > Dryer Repair

GE Profile Gas Dryer Shuts down after 10 seconds

<< < (2/6) > >>

Blaiser:
Any chance you know how to get into the diagnostics. There's no tech sheet just a schematic

Blaiser:
JW I just replaced the thermistor on this unit, (#240) it came in today. I ohm'd out all the thermostats with no luck. The Dryer will start but shuts off once the start button is pushed - It only runs 6 seconds then clicks off. I can push the button again but same issue - shuts off after another 6 seconds. Tried different settings and everything. Anything else I can try - I tried to download a picture of this bad boy but file is too big. This is a newer Fancy Dryer with the triangle looking door.

Called GE and they said I need Service Manual Publication # 31-9167 - They wouldn't tell me how to get this machine into Diagnostic mode either.

AJ:
Check my cache of service manual for 31-9167 and come up empty. :(

Hopefully one of our other members can locate a copy for us.

Here is the photo of the dryer Blaiser emailed me.

LowSL2:
I found this on a google search. Better than nothing i guess.

Blaiser:
LowSL2 - THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR THE BROCHURE.

FYI - To get into Diagnostics you have to have the dryer plugged in but display OFF.

Press "MY CYCLE" button, then the "DELAY START" button, then "MY CYCLE" button, then the "DELAY START" Button - this will get you into the Diagnostic Screen that says "SERVICE MODE TEST". Let you know how I faired out!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version