Forum > Range, Oven & Cooktop Repair

No display on Whirlpool RBD275PDQ14

(1/2) > >>

Sot:
Hi folks.  Not long ago I heard a series of beeps from my kitchen (one long and four short beeps, if I remember right) and found it was my oven.  The oven seems to work fine except for the fact that the digital display is blank.  But I pulled the breaker and opened the cover, and found that one of the varistors on the suppressor board was fried.  I got a new one but while replacing that I found that one of the traces on the circuit board was completely burnt off as well, so I guess I have to replace the whole board.  :(

My fear is/was that something else is burned up.  So, I secured a wire across the burnt trace on the circuit board just so that I could power it on and verify that it would work right again after I replaced the board.  Unfortunately, still no digital display.  :tickedoff:

So what's the best way to determine whether the display has failed due to a problem on the suppressor board, the control board, or something else?  Should I just start replacing parts until the problem goes away?

LowSL2:
If the display and other related components are fried, I would suspect the transformer has gone out. Part # 9760587

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Sot:
How would you suggest testing that?  The primary and the secondary of the transformer are not open; one's about 55 ohms and the other just a few.

domain:

--- Quote from: Sot on January 21, 2013, 08:29:07 PM ---How would you suggest testing that?  The primary and the secondary of the transformer are not open; one's about 55 ohms and the other just a few.

--- End quote ---
I believe 120 vac in/ 24 vdc out. :D

RegUS_PatOff:

--- Quote from: domain on January 21, 2013, 09:12:03 PM ---I believe 120 vac in/ 24 vdc out. :D

--- End quote ---
I believe 120 vac in/ 24 vAc out.  :popcorn:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version