Forum > Range, Oven & Cooktop Repair

Control membrane on Dacor ECD230

(1/1)

htroberts:
I have a Dacor ECD230 oven, and one of the membrane 'switches' has stopped working. It's 'cancel' for the upper oven, if that makes any difference.

AppliancePartsPros.com doesn't have a diagram, but Sears does:

http://www.searspartsdirect.com/partsdirect/part-model/Dacor-Parts/Wall-oven-Parts/Model-ECD230/3262/0125300/50038548/00001?blt=06&prst=&shdMod=

It shows two "membrane" parts, 62683B and 62683R (and AppliancePartsPros do sell both of them). It looks like the 'B' part has more stuff than the 'R' part, and maybe the 'R' part is only the membrane.

I wondered if anyone could confirm which part is needed, and also to advise how much of the oven do I need to disassemble to get to the membrane? Am I going to have to pull the oven out of the wall (it was a real pain to get in the first time...)?

tgoods:
The only difference is the color.  B is black and R is aRctic white.

htroberts:

--- Quote from: tgoods on January 15, 2013, 09:40:42 AM ---The only difference is the color.  B is black and R is aRctic white.

--- End quote ---

Thanks, good to know. Surprising that color makes such a difference in price ($110 vs $230). White would, unfortunately, look really weird.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version