Forum > Dishwasher Repair

Frigidaire FPHD2491KFO will not drain completely

(1/4) > >>

MachManStan:
Hi All,

I am having a problem with my Frigidaire FPHD2491KFO dishwasher not completely draining. I have removed and cleaned all filters and even took apart the sump assembly and find no obstructions. I also removed the drain hose from the garbage disposal and there is no obstruction there either. I was able to run a rinse only cycle with the drain host removed and the pump is removing some water, but after the complete cycle, there is still water standing in the bottom of the dishwasher. If I open the door and push the cancel button and then shut the door it forces another drain cycle and more water is removed. I did this once more and all but a little water in that can be seen in the bottom of the large particle filter is removed.

I first thought that the problem was the drain pump but now I am not so sure. The water is draining, but it does not drain all of the water on only one drain cycle.

Any ideas on what might be causing this problem would be much appreciated. Also, if anyone has access to a service manual for this model, I would like to get a copy.

Thanks,

Stan

LowSL2:
It could be a faulty drain pump motor. If the impellers are chewed up, or inside the housing, it won't flow well.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

jumptrout51:
You can disassemble the drain pump for inspection.
There may be a clog or bad impeller in the pump.

AJ:
If you are sure there are no clogs or restriction in the drain line the replace the pump, part # 5304475636

MachManStan:
Thanks everyone for the feedback.  My suspicion was the drain pump as well.  I ordered one already and will pick it up today.  Hopefully this will solve the problem.  If not, I am sure I will be back here asking for more help.

Thanks again.

Stan :thanks:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version