Forum > Washer Repair

Kenmore 400 Model 110.29422801 just hums on spin cycle

(1/2) > >>

Laundry Matt:
My friend's Kenmore washer works fine otherwise but most of the time when it's supposed to start the spin cycle it just hums. Eventually the thermal cutout shuts the motor down. But if you wait a while and just keep trying, eventually it will spin. It's done this since it was new--my friend neglected to get it fixed under warranty. Any ideas? Thanks.

domain:
Capacitor # 8572717

Check This. :D

tgoods:
I don't think the run capacitor is the problem because then it wouldn't agitate either.  I think it's a timer problem. Try jiggling the timer knob when it won't start. W10199989

domain:

--- Quote from: tgoods on December 29, 2012, 01:32:48 PM ---I don't think the run capacitor is the problem because then it wouldn't agitate either.  I think it's a timer problem. Try jiggling the timer knob when it won't start. W10199989

--- End quote ---
Very good point... :D

Laundry Matt:

--- Quote from: tgoods on December 29, 2012, 01:32:48 PM ---I don't think the run capacitor is the problem because then it wouldn't agitate either.  I think it's a timer problem. Try jiggling the timer knob when it won't start. W10199989

--- End quote ---

So then the timer contacts are what do the switching to reverse the motor?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version