We just purchased the LG dlex2650 electric dryer. It worked great for 28 days. One day I turned it on and pressed start button to run cycle and it cut off. Screen went blank. Sounds like almost the identical problem as mentioned before other than model. I had my electrician check the power coming into the wall socket (3 prong). It all checks out. I bought at best buy and they are going to replace the dryer. LG said they could send a tech to repair but since it was under 30 days best buy will replace with new. Once I get the new dryer installed I will reply back. A couple other really weird things happen when the dryer turns off after pressing start. Another breaker on the other side of the main panel trips. This breaker controls two bathrooms and are on completely separate feeds. My electrician is baffled an has no explanation. My old dryer would work fine but looking back even when I pushed the start button on the old whirlpool I would have to hold the start button down for a few seconds or until the drum would spin. In addition, both the old and new dryers would cause the electric stove clock panel and our tv in another room to blink off and then it would come back on right after the dryer started. My electrician moved the dryer breaker to the other side of the main box to even out the electeical loads. This fixed the oven and tv blinking off but a breaker as mentioned above trips when I try to start the dryer. I have a feeling this problem is related to the wiring in the house. Either way a new dryer may only last another 20-30 days if a surge is making it fail. I have my doubts about it being the dryer just because the person that lived here before may not have known exactly how to run wiring. I have found other things that were not professionally done so I have to be cautious. I think the surge of power wore out a component on the dryer. Hopefully switching the breaker to even out the loads may do the trick. One other thing worth mentioning is a wire in the attic looks like it had been chewed on by a rodent or whatnot. I plan to get that fixed or at least inspected. It appears as metal showing not cut all the way through or else a fire or no electric to that circuit would be the case. It is possible a component in LG dryers needs to be beefed up or it is a design flaw but I don't have anything solid to go on just yet. More to come in a couple days.