Author Topic: lg washer top loader recall? Build Quality or Software problem?  (Read 1903 times)

Offline metacomertcc

• VIP Member
I just read in my local paper that LG was recalling 457,000 top load washers. Although the model I bought
5070cw was not listed on the recall, I did have to replace 3 of the rods (loud creaking noise) as the washer was engaged in washing
or spin cycle. Although the problem seems to have been corrected, I am questioning my decision on this machine not for the short term
but rather the long term after reading about the recall and the issue I had after only 3 weeks of purchasing the washer.
   That being said Lg was great in responding to my issue and the technician was top notch. Does anyone know if the recall was software
or build quality related and should I be concerned long term or is it just a knee jerk reaction on my part. After spending good money for the washer, just trying to get someone with long term experience (tech hopefully)) with the LG product line of top load washing machines.
  Thanks Mike

Offline AJ

• Technician
    Administrator
    • ApplianceJunk.com - Appliance Repair
Re: lg washer top loader recall? Build Quality or Software problem?
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2012, 12:33:16 PM »
Hi,

Here is another topic on the same model with what sounds like the same problem you had.
LG Waveforce Top Load creaking noise

You can download the service manual for your model here.
LG WT5070 Top Load Washer Service Manual

I see very little LG appliances in my area so I'm far from the expert on LG. Hopefully one of the other techs with more knowledge will have some words of wisdom for us.

Thanks for posting.
Hope you find our site helpful.

Offline domain

• Technician
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2012, 03:16:34 PM »
WT5001, WT5101 had a SOFTWARE PROBLEM. As you stated your model is NOT affected at this time. :D

Offline jimbo6679

• VIP Member
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2012, 10:37:50 AM »
Grandma ( top load WRINGER washing machine) would roll over in her grave to hear that a washing machine can be afflicted with SOFTWARE issues!!    Ditto for Henry Ford and Ransom E. Olds !!!!!!!!!!

Offline john63

• Technician
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2012, 05:05:06 PM »
Grandma ( top load WRINGER washing machine) would roll over in her grave to hear that a washing machine can be afflicted with SOFTWARE issues!!    Ditto for Henry Ford and Ransom E. Olds !!!!!!!!!!

Every human being that lived since Adam & Eve---but *before* grandma---surely did spin in *their* graves when they heard that a wringer washer was introduced for the first time.

Those rollers could *inflict* pain---hands/hair getting caught and kids getting hurt---who woulda thunk that ?.

Around 1986---every car & truck sold in the USA had a computer (OBD ).

Surely when that happened---Ford & Olds' gravesites became a vortex---dead corpses swirling in utter amazement.

maytag washer- timer problem?

Started by inot66

Replies: 6
Views: 5222
Last post January 10, 2008, 08:47:16 PM
by inot66
Maytag Washer Spin & Drain Problem

Started by lulubovary

Replies: 1
Views: 3001
Last post March 11, 2008, 04:43:09 PM
by Repair-man