365-Day Hassle Free Return Policy!  ·  AppliancePartsPros.com
Washer Parts  ·  Dryer Parts  ·  Refrigerator Parts  ·  Dishwasher Parts  ·  Range & Oven Parts  ·  All Appliance Parts 

Author Topic: Frigidaire Compact Refrigerator Info  (Read 67 times)

Offline bbealing

• Technician
Frigidaire Compact Refrigerator Info
« on: December 18, 2012, 07:24:46 PM »
I'm looking to get some advice.

I use this site and several other on-line sites to get illustrated parts diagrams for appliances I work on.  Most of the time, I am able to get the information I am looking for.  But today, I have run into two instances where this has not been the case.  I am hoping someone here can give me some insight as to what is happening and why.

I am dealing with two different Frigidaire refrigerator models:  FRT04L5DBO and FRT045GB.  These model numbers are valid!  And what really doesn't make sense is they are NOT even recognized on Frigidaire's website.  I did find on this site and on the Repair Clinic site, a few incidental type parts but NOTHING about the parts I need.  I have looked these numbers up on Sears Repair Parts, Marcone and A.P Wagner too!  I need a defrost heater and defrost time for each one of these refrigerators.

My initial conclusion from what I have found is that compact refrigerators are not repairable because there are no parts available to make repairs.  Is this assessment accurate?  Or, will someone tell me what's going on.

Brad Bealing
Maintenance One
Hanover, PA   

Offline tgoods

• Technician
    • Buy me a beer through paypal
Re: Frigidaire Compact Refrigerator Info
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2012, 07:50:15 PM »
Most of these compact fridges are not meant to be serviced. They have a one year warranty and if it breaks under warranty the manufacturer just sends them a new fridge. You could probably find a generic replacement for the timer, the heater might be a little tougher.

Offline domain

• Technician
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2012, 08:45:47 PM »
TGOODS has it correct. These mini or compact refrigerators are not meant to be serviced other than say, the LIGHT BULB. I recently ran a call on a similar model that had a ticking timer. Later, I attempted to search for that part but simply came up with NOTHING. Upon calling technical assistance, they informed me if any part fails on this MINI FRIDGE, it will be EXCHANGED. The timer needed looked VERY similar to the ones used in their full size top-mounts. I digress. :D

Offline bbealing

• Technician
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2012, 08:57:27 PM »
Not exactly the response I was hoping for.  I'm dealing with a client that has about 15 of these refrigerators in a rooming house facility......all with some kind of problem.  Wait till I tell him this good news.  Thanks for your help!

Offline andersenappliance

• Technician
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2012, 09:57:04 PM »
Perhaps if you're looking for the basic parts, cold control, defrost timers, etc. you might look into supco, ERP, or others.  These things can get pretty generic on the basic models.    The timer, for example, might cool for 8 hours & defrost for 20 minutes.  The cold control kicks on at x temp, and off at y temp.  The wiring is the same.

Explain to the Landlord that he screwed himself by buying these units, but that you might get them to work if you go aftermarket.  If you do, you are a hero, and will be his best friend.  If you don't, well you warned him; advise him on what to get that will work for him (and tell him next time don't buy throw away crap).   :D

Offline Wedgeman55

• Technician
  • Man vs Appliance - Never give up, Never surrender
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2012, 02:24:46 AM »
I've run into this with a landlord who converted several attics and other small areas in homes into small apartments.     I had the exact same thing - bad defrost timer.    The only part on the parts list was an extra shelf I think.     

What I did,  got to the defrost timer and replaced it with a frigidare defrost timer.    Got it working.    This was several years ago,   and I had to cut into a panel or something,   I can't remember.   As I remember,  it wasn't that hard.    But I told the owner that if anything else went,   to throw it out.     I believe it's still working to this day as he hasn't called me on it again.     The only reason I went through the hassle was that he has 40 properties and I tried to help him as I get alot of money every month from him.   
Commercial Laundry repair Tech and Installer  1973 to 1980
Service Manager / Technician Commercial Laundry repair company 1980 to 2002
Refrigeration - HVAC - Boiler School 1974-1976
Electronic School 1978-1979
Self Employed Appliance Repair Company 2002 to present

Frigidaire refrigerator problems

Started by AbbottAppliance

Replies: 4
Views: 102
Last post September 10, 2014, 03:17:02 PM
by andersenappliance
Frigidaire Products?

Started by AJ

Replies: 4
Views: 46
Last post March 07, 2008, 10:02:38 PM
by BrntToast
frigidaire school

Started by BrntToast

Replies: 3
Views: 58
Last post May 02, 2008, 05:16:10 PM
by JWWebster
Amana Side By Side Refrigerator, looking for code.

Started by AJ

Replies: 2
Views: 39
Last post May 31, 2008, 11:06:36 AM
by AJ
MOVED: Frigidaire Dryer Tearing Clothes

Started by AJ

Replies: 1
Views: 28
Last post June 08, 2008, 07:06:58 PM
by AJ
Frigidaire freon leak