Forum > Washer Repair

Maytag washer w/ cracked base plate?

(1/2) > >>

andersenappliance:
Have you guys seen this before?  Customer complains of heavy vibration.

Maytag washer mav208daww,  the base plate sheet metal has cracked in a triangular pattern between the motor mount and the milk stool/snubber area.  This is cracked, as though it is brittle.  The sheet metal is thin, but come on.

Any idea if there was a recall?

Wedgeman55:
Something like that,   probably junk the machine.   By the time you do the labor,  their gonna have 300 into that machine.   I've seen a few of them like that,  where base cracked.     If it isn't too bad,  I might try  drilling a few little brackets in,   and use some JB Weld.   Worth a try if you have the time.       

andersenappliance:
I let him know that the baseplate was about $200 to replace.  He might have his son weld it (tig or mig).  I also suggested supporting it with some sort of bracket bolted on to reinforce the area.

Its in a rental, so I guess he could just let it go 'til it dies.

Pretty poor construction.  I wish I could show a picture of it.

domain:

--- Quote from: andersenappliance on December 16, 2012, 11:28:40 AM ---I let him know that the baseplate was about $200 to replace.  He might have his son weld it (tig or mig).  I also suggested supporting it with some sort of bracket bolted on to reinforce the area.

Its in a rental, so I guess he could just let it go 'til it dies.

Pretty poor construction.  I wish I could show a picture of it.

--- End quote ---
X2. I would like to see exactly whats going on.... :D

AJ:

--- Quote from: andersenappliance on December 16, 2012, 11:28:40 AM ---I wish I could show a picture of it.

--- End quote ---

What's stopping you?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version