365-Day Hassle Free Return Policy!  ·  AppliancePartsPros.com
Washer Parts  ·  Dryer Parts  ·  Refrigerator Parts  ·  Dishwasher Parts  ·  Range & Oven Parts  ·  All Appliance Parts 

Author Topic: Customers in your way.  (Read 64 times)

Offline haroldsappliance

• Technician
    • Appliance repair
Customers in your way.
« on: December 10, 2012, 03:07:04 PM »
Ok, I know we have talked about this before. Customers that are in your way, and customers that are watching you. Most of the time I do not mind being watched, but let's face it, every now and then we get into something that is foreign and or unfamiliar to us. You might be tired and or stressed. Well needless to say this can be very annoying. Your scratching your head saying wtf. Had one a few weeks ago, these guys were two feet away, arms folded. They were not in my way, but sometimes I feel very annoyed. I was tired, my back was killing me and let's face it people do sometimes get on your nerves. I looked at them and simply said, "I've had a rough day". They both immediately walked away. I've had people leaning over my shoulder to the point I smelled their breath and could hear them wheezing. Omg, get the hell out of my way so I can do my job. Ofcourse you can't say that. Jesus help me!  As a general rule of procedure when I get to the appliance I'm repairing and I say, "ok, get me a few minutes and I'll let you know what it's gonna take to repair unit". I know people are curious and want to know. They will say what's wrong with it, and I say I don't know, I just got here, but when I find out you will be the first to know. I have made simple mistakes because of a customer in my way or asking questions. I guess it's gonna always be part of the job. I just wish there was a majic button to push. Thanks for letting dump on you guys! O0

Offline RAH52

• Technician
Re: Customers in your way.
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2012, 04:00:08 PM »
Teachers are the worst .Sorry if your spouse is a teacher but they need to leave it in the classroom .I once handed a screwdriver to a guy and asked him to show me how its done .Apparently he saw a youtube video and was an expert in appliance repair .

Offline tgoods

• Technician
    • Buy me a beer through paypal
Re: Customers in your way.
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2012, 08:13:15 PM »
I had one of these today.  He kept asking me if I needed help.  I told him no, I'm used to working by myself.  He decided to help anyway.  My main concern is that I will hurt someone, I'll back up without looking and maybe step on a foot.  Sometimes I'll need to lie on the floor and it never fails they're standing right where I need to lie. If I have to work on something when it's live, they'll go to stick their hand in there. I don't like yelling at my customers but I don't want them to get electrocuted.

Nasty Customers

Started by schaffersapplian

Replies: 6
Views: 93
Last post July 28, 2009, 10:48:10 PM
by BrntToast
Do you call customers back after a completed service call?

Started by AJ

Replies: 15
Views: 254
Last post March 24, 2013, 01:36:59 AM
by Wedgeman55
Connecting your business with local customers

Started by AJ

Replies: 2
Views: 77
Last post June 08, 2011, 10:27:27 PM
by theoldstoveguy
Special order parts that customers never pick up?

Started by AJ

Replies: 4
Views: 52
Last post August 13, 2011, 09:16:35 PM
by theoldstoveguy
Dealing with customers...

Started by whirlpooltech

Replies: 16
Views: 189
Last post November 15, 2011, 04:35:50 PM
by rego
Elderly customers