Forum > Refrigerator & Freezer Repair

GE Profile Evap Fan Motor? Motherboard? PSF26NGWA

(1/2) > >>

Stang5Liter:
I have a GE Profile Side by Side fridge model PSF26NGWA WW and I'm having some issues.  This unit is 5 1/2 years old and the evap fan motor is grumbling like the sound of a Bicycle playing card in the back spoke of your bike "to make it sound cool" sound. 8)  Anyway, with all of the research I have done on the World Wide Waste of time, it looks like I will be replacing the motherboard and the evap fan motor to fix it properly.  BTW, the motherboard was replaced 18 months ago by GE Service Tech to fix a different issue.  Here's a question or two...

1) Should I go ahead and replace the condenser fan motor as well?  Will it also have a tendency to burn up motherboard #3 or anything else for that matter?

2) I ran the self diag test and everything checked out good except for "temperature control panel to dispenser board communication" = FAILED
                                                                                                               "dispenser board to main control board communication"             = FAILED

Do I need to replace the dispenser board as well??  I have never had any issues with it so far...or will replacing the motherboard fix this communication error?

haroldsappliance:
There may b nothing wrong with board or motor. The reason I say this is that is an unusual sound for such a failure. Fan blade could be hitting ice or blade may have worked itself to to end of the motor shaft. Both will cause noise.

Stang5Liter:
I still have not torn into the fridge yet because this is still an intermittent issue.  The unit functions correctly across the board with the only issue of the fan making the growling sound every once in awhile.  I would like to be fully prepared when I have to completely empty the fridge to work on it and have the correct parts with me to fix it right the first time.  Any suggestions on how to proceed?

:thanks:

niobrara:
Evap fan and control board,I would not worry about cond fan.Run diagnostics after you replace board but that should fix the communication issues.

haroldsappliance:

--- Quote from: niobrara on January 01, 2013, 07:40:22 PM ---Evap fan and control board,I would not worry about cond fan.Run diagnostics after you replace board but that should fix the communication issues.

--- End quote ---
O0

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version