Forum > Washer Repair

110.26912691 washing machine

(1/1)

jimbo6679:
Well, I should get frequent flyer miles here between my own appliances and my 2 daughters.
Current problem:  ran through a wash cycle normally, but then didn't spin OR drain.   This machine had the lid switch replaced a few years ago, and she looked down and says she doesn't see the switch lever.   SO, question is .....   with broken lid switch, will it just fail to spin, or will that also cause it not to pump out???   or do we have another problem.   
I will drag myself over there this weekend to look.     Please refresh my memory....I think when we did this before,...you take the cover off the console,  pop out the two retainers, and slide the top forward then lift up
.I really appreciate the support here.

AJ:

--- Quote from: jimbo6679 on December 07, 2012, 12:17:25 PM ---SO, question is .....   with broken lid switch, will it just fail to spin, or will that also cause it not to pump out???   or do we have another problem.

--- End quote ---

The washer will not spin or drain with a faulty lid switch.
I looked up your model number and it's uses lid switch part # 3949238

Click on the part number link I posted to see some helpful videos.

Let us know how the repair goes or if you have any other questions. 

jimbo6679:
Words fail me to express my gratitude for all your help.

AJ:
Glad to help.  O0

jimbo6679:
Thanks to the excellent video you referenced, my son-in-law was able to replace the lid switch in short order.   All is well!!!!!!!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version