365-Day Hassle Free Return Policy!  ·  AppliancePartsPros.com
Washer Parts  ·  Dryer Parts  ·  Refrigerator Parts  ·  Dishwasher Parts  ·  Range & Oven Parts  ·  All Appliance Parts 

Author Topic: Choice Home Warranty  (Read 180 times)

Offline rego

• Technician
  • Quality Service You Can Afford
    • Buy me a beer through paypal
    • Reges Service and Repair
Choice Home Warranty
« on: December 05, 2012, 03:23:42 PM »
Anyone had any dealings with Choice Home Warranty?  Just got a call from them wanting me to run a call and set me up as a vendor...she talked fast and I don't like it when people talk fast...makes me wonder what they are trying to hide :-\

Offline dentdaddy

• Technician
Re: Choice Home Warranty
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2012, 04:27:14 PM »
They owe some people I know from 2009. They called us this week for a job and we told them we require a credit card on file before we'd do any calls for them. She said no thanks. That tells me something right there.

Good luck, sir.
Good work isn't cheap. Cheap work isn't good.
SW Oklahoma

Offline AJ

• Technician
    Administrator
    • ApplianceJunk.com - Appliance Repair

Offline rego

• Technician
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2012, 04:36:23 PM »
That was my thinking to be very leary...I'll see what info they send me but I already have a problem when they ask me to be a tech but don't ask a single thing about me, my business, or references.  Seem's pretty scetchy.  I told her I'm a one man show so sometimes I have to order parts and can take me 2-4 day's on those parts.  Her remark...don't worry, our customers are used to waiting a week or two before having it repaired... ???   Told her I have never been in that situation but forward the info on anyway.
Thanks for the heads up dentdaddy O0

Offline rego

• Technician
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2012, 04:38:15 PM »
Thanks AJ  O0   

Offline andersenappliance

• Technician
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2012, 09:53:07 PM »
Yes!

Thanks, AJ!

This clearly is one company to steer clear of!

That is a true indication of their worth: Do they pay their contractors?!?!

@ DentDaddy,  Getting the credit card before work, with at least a minimum authorization is a great idea.  A towing company I know of did that.  No problem.  Basic service covered up to X amount.  Anything more, call for approval.

Offline Wedgeman55

• Technician
  • Man vs Appliance - Never give up, Never surrender
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2012, 01:42:27 AM »
Years ago,  did a job for them before I knew better.   Submitted paperwork many times and gave up.    They still owe me to this day.     That's when I swore no more home warranty companies.    And to this day,   I turn them all down.     I get a call at least once a month from one or another of them.     Home Shield,  Home Choice,  American Blah Blah,   etc.   

However,  If your just starting out or need work badly,   I would get a credit authorization from them and get paid ahead of time for at least service call and labor.     If you need a part,   make them pay for it.     Otherwise,  you end up getting screwed like I did/ 
Commercial Laundry repair Tech and Installer  1973 to 1980
Service Manager / Technician Commercial Laundry repair company 1980 to 2002
Refrigeration - HVAC - Boiler School 1974-1976
Electronic School 1978-1979
Self Employed Appliance Repair Company 2002 to present

• Technician
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2012, 03:49:41 PM »
That is great advice!

The other thing you can do is look them up on the web.  I can't imagine anybody working for Choice Home Warranty after seeing their reviews.  But I guess there is always another sucker.  The guy who had a cleaning service that I managed before going out on my own once said that he could screw over every single customer he had, and as long as he kept advertising, he'd do great for years (San Diego area).   Now that's customer service!!!   :P

• Technician
« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2013, 11:08:39 PM »
After all my posts, I'm in a fight now with Bankers Warranty Group.

They called and asked me to fix a microwave.  I told 'em to just replace it, but it was a thousand dollar oven.  I took the job, 'cause I knew the lady who was the potential customer.

I fixed the microwave three months ago, and after "the check is in the mail"..."there must have been some mix-up"..."this has never happened before in my 8 years of working here"..."it'll be mailed this Tuesday"...

Now its "Send us a W-9"

I says "Send us a Check"

They says "our policy is to get a w-9 before releasing payment"

I says "your policy is not an affirmative defense in law for defrauding a business, breaking a contract, or refusing to pay a just debt"

These people really piss me off.  They don't even know if my company has any requirement to file w-9's.  Not to mention the fact that they don't need to file 1099's until they pay $600 to a vendor, not to mention that a w-9 is needed to show the IRS what you have paid, not what you might pay, or should pay, or promise to pay, if one jumps through enough hoops.

Perhaps my policy is to bill the customer, or sue her for payment due to the failure of her agent (warranty co) to fulfill the terms of the contract, or even slap a mechanics lien on her property until I get paid.

I'm pretty fired up at the moment.  Its not even the money - its the getting jerked around!

:tickedoff:

home warranty repair

Started by jason1979g

Replies: 11
Views: 176
Last post October 17, 2013, 09:08:32 AM
by nolazach
What brands do you service the most - warranty work?

Started by AJ

Replies: 3
Views: 103
Last post April 03, 2008, 08:59:47 PM
by BrntToast
How to get something fixed at home

Started by Repair-man

Replies: 1
Views: 45
Last post October 06, 2008, 06:59:17 AM
by AJ
Don't Leave Home without it

Started by Repair-man

Replies: 0
Views: 53
Last post June 09, 2009, 06:37:07 AM
by Repair-man
Warranty Companies

Started by PARTech

Replies: 4
Views: 117
Last post July 30, 2011, 06:27:15 AM
by wildimaginations
Your thoughts on GE appliances and GE warranty work?

Started by AJ

Replies: 7
Views: 150
Last post June 03, 2011, 11:34:27 AM
by PARTech