Forum > Refrigerator & Freezer Repair

Whirlpool Gold Refrigerator - Slow Water Dispenser

(1/2) > >>

Redfish30:
I have a Whirlpool Gold refrigerator that is probably three years old.  I just replaced the water filter.  After replacement the water pressure has dropped significantly.  I have checked the supply lines and there does not seem to be a kink anywhere.  I have actually gone to the store to buy another filter with the same results.  Water pressure is good throughout the entire house.  I am not sure what I am missing.  Any help is appreciated.

AJ:
Maybe the valve were you shut the water off to change the line did not open all the way back up when you turned the valve back on.
What kind of shut off valve is it? If it's a self piercing clamp on valve it may have broken inside and will need to be replaced.

dab147315:
Pull refrigerator out and shut off water to the refrigerator and remove tubing going to water valve.Have someone help up and take the tubing that was on refrigerator and put in bucket.Turn water back on and see how fast water comes out of tubing.It should come out fast.If not you have plumbing problem.Like a bad saddle valve or something .

Bailey:
I agree. I just did a call for this. The saddle valve was attached to the water heater. Put a new one on and problem solved.

Redfish30:
The water comes out with sufficient volume from the shut off valve.  Should I have shut the water supply before I changed out the filter?  Is there some way it could be some sore of vapor lock?  I have run enough water through the new filter that all air should have been forced out.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version