Forum > Refrigerator & Freezer Repair

Ice maker on refrigerator not working

(1/2) > >>

Dipdog:
The ice maker on my whirlpool ED22TEXHW00 is not working. When I jump T and H, it runs through a complete cycle, but water does not come out of the fill tube at the end of the cycle. But, when I jump V and L, water does come out of the fill tube. If I pour water in manually, water freezes, auger spins, heat coil heats, ice pops out. But no water out the full tube. I would think it was a bad water valve, but water comes out just fine when I jump V and L. I thought maybe low pressure/bad filter, but same thing happens with the filter removed. I thought the IM module might be bad, so I replaced the entire ice maker assembly, but it's still doing the same thing!
Any suggestions?

tgoods:
The only thing left is the water inlet valve.  When the icemaker cycles, the power going to the valve is in series with the mold heater.  There is a voltage drop of about 12 to 14 volts.  It's possible the valve will work with 120vac. but not 106vac.

Dipdog:
When you jump V and L, does that bypass the mold heater (120vac)?

tgoods:
Yes.

Dipdog:
ok... sigh.  it's an expensive part, wish there was a way to test that idea first.  that seems to be the most reasonable explanation I've heard, though.  I haven't tried to actually read the schematic for the IM module, but it sounds like the only difference between connecting to the water valve by jumping V-L and connecting to the water valve automatically at the end of a cycle, is the voltage drop through the heat coil.  I'll give it a shot, thx!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version