Forum > Washer Repair

ge profile washer GE wpre8150h1wt wont agitate or spin

<< < (3/6) > >>

haroldsappliance:
I would try to reset at least once more. Unplug for 1 minute. Plug in and immeadely raise lid 8 times within 10 seconds. Raise appr 3 inches.

fairbank56:
  4 flashes means mode shifter circuit failure. The mode shifter is normally engaged (de-energized/spin mode) but that doesn't lock the tub, you can still spin it by hand, there is no brake except for the motor brake which only comes into play when spin mode stops. Even if the mode shifter is bad, it would still agitate although the whole basket would be doing the agitating.

Eric

waldipup:
"4 flashes means mode shifter circuit failure."

Right , and yet -

"Even if the mode shifter is bad, it would still agitate although the whole basket would be doing the agitating" ,

But I have no agitation or spin at all , just water fill and water pumpout ,

thus despite the code , maybe the motor only is bad and the mode shifter is not , and I get no agitation or spin because of the motor ?

fairbank56:
  Correct, but a quick check of the mode shifter would let you know if it's bad. Should read ≈98 ohms, electrically, it's nothing but a coil of wire with integral fuse link.

Eric

waldipup:
Yes , I've been told that previously but haven't been able to check yet. If it doesn't read 98 ohms , is there anything else to check , or it needs to be replaced? I'll change the simple to do motor , but dont want to bother with the mode shifter as though not too complicated , too many
operations to bother changing .

And thanks for the input . 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version