Forum > Refrigerator & Freezer Repair

Samsung RFG297AABP/XAA Cooling issues

(1/1)

masteroflittle:
I am hoping to get some much needed help. I have been waiting for Samsung Authorized service for over 2 weeks and can not get a firm commitment on a date and can't wait any longer. I have a 3.5 year old french door fridge that does not cool the freezer and only cools the fridge to 48 degrees. I have run self diagnostics several times and have only showed the following errors 1 time and all in order.
They are all in position F1 (Freezer): Numbers 1, 2, 4, 7. I have performed all the F1 A through G voltage and ohm checks with everything in range. I followed up with voltage checks on all F10, R1 and R10 as well and all fall in the normal ranges.

I would greatly appreciate any assistance.
Thank You
John

AJ:
How old is it?
Have you check the condenser coils to make sure they are clean?
Is the condenser fan motor running? Is the freezer fan running?

masteroflittle:
Thanks for the reply AJ

Yes to all 3 of your questions. I just checked the resistance and voltages on the rest of the sensors and found the upper ice room sensor a little out of range. Could this possibly be causing both the freezer and the fridge to act in the manner I am experiencing?
I have read about numerous unresolved issues with these Samsung twin cooling french door refrigerators and it concerns me.
Thanks

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version