Forum > Range, Oven & Cooktop Repair

Stove Burner Won't Shut Off

(1/2) > >>

NateBrei:
We have a Kenmore Elite Glass top stove we purchased in June 2007.  Earlier this year the center element of our 3 element burner stopped working.  Issue was a cracked element & it was replaced under warranty.  Now, the center ring of this burner won't shut off.  For a while I was able to get it to shut off by turning on all burners on High and then turning it off.  Now, it won't shut off at all.  I've had to turn off the power to the stove/oven at the electrical panel.  What could be the problem and how do I fix it?
Thanks.
Nate

domain:
Model Number Please? :oops:

NateBrei:
Sorry.  Model # 790.9659

tgoods:
You're missing four digits from the model number.  There is a stuck relay on the relay board.  It looks like there are three boards on this model.  You probably need 316442112 but I'm not sure.  Post a picture of the schematic, if possible.

NateBrei:
Sorry for the delay.  Took a while to get the schematic scanned.  It it attached.  Complete model # is 790.96592601 and the serial # is VF71339328.  I'm no electrician or technician, so I'm not familiar with reading schematics.  But, it appears that this burner is connected to the Surface Unit Control board via wire T10.  Is the relay on this board or somewhere else?
Thanks.
Nate

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version