Forum > Refrigerator & Freezer Repair

ice on floor of freezer MFI2569YEB0

<< < (2/5) > >>

RAH52:
The tech will change the W10309238 drain grommet or duckbill as its known in the trade .I don't understand why your even looking at it if you have warranty .I'm sure the tech will be very capable to fix your fridge properly .This issue has been a bit of a problem with this design but I find a little modification to the drain grommet and problem solved . Hope this answers your question .

jrudyjr:

--- Quote from: RAH52 on November 23, 2012, 05:04:22 PM ---The tech will change the W10309238 drain grommet or duckbill as its known in the trade .I don't understand why your even looking at it if you have warranty .I'm sure the tech will be very capable to fix your fridge properly .This issue has been a bit of a problem with this design but I find a little modification to the drain grommet and problem solved . Hope this answers your question .

--- End quote ---
Not trying to fix it myself, but trying to understand what the heck is going on with it. I am the guy that is usually one day past the warranty and tsol. I repair electrical equipment for a living so stuff like this intrigues me (easily amused I guess). Do you do some kind of modification to the new grommet or do you just install it in place of the old one? Thanks for helping me understand what is going on, Jim

RAH52:
I use a exacto knife and make the slit in the end of the duckbill SLIGHTLY larger .The techline also told me to spray the inside of the new duckbill with silicone spray .Seems to work .

jrudyjr:
Thanks for the tip! At least I know what to look for if it does it again.

jrudyjr:
Well tech showed up and told the wife that he had the part with him and installed a new grommet/duckbill on the drain line. Told me over the phone that they were still having problems with the part as far as he could tell. He told the wife that the ice would disappear with the defrost working normally and being able to drain and left. It will be interesting to see how long this one holds up before it starts causing the same problem.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version