Forum > Refrigerator & Freezer Repair

ice on floor of freezer MFI2569YEB0

(1/5) > >>

jrudyjr:
I have a less than one year (1day less) Maytag refrigerator that has about a 1/4 inch layer of ice on the floor of the bottom mount freezer section. I have done some searching on the forum and this seems to be an issue with the defrost drain. Can someone tell me what I should be looking at on this unit. I have had such bad luck with refrigerators that I bit the bullet and purchased an extended warranty from Maytag on this unit but I would still like to make sure that they correct the problem properly. Thanks, Jim

JWWebster:
One of my ice box's had this problem. I let it thaw out for a day or 2. Then I used some quarter inch plastic tubing and ran it down the drain to get it clear. So far it is doing ok now.

jrudyjr:

--- Quote from: JWWebster on November 21, 2012, 09:31:48 AM ---One of my ice box's had this problem. I let it thaw out for a day or 2. Then I used some quarter inch plastic tubing and ran it down the drain to get it clear. So far it is doing ok now.

--- End quote ---

JW, Kind of hard to let it thaw for a day or two if it is your only freezer. I was kind of hoping someone might be able to give me some direction as to why this has happened in the first place. I have read about other models that have a known issue with the drain "duckbill" that gets gummed up. Was hoping someone had some experience with this model.

JWWebster:
Wife told me last night the bottom of that one was warm once again. I pulled the floor out and the drain is once again froze over. Aggravating

jrudyjr:
I can't believe that nobody seems to be able to give me any insight into this problem. I did take the panel off of the back of the fridge and there was some water in the pan. I checked out the duckbill on the drain and it was very tacky feeling material. The ice that has formed on the floor of the freezer section seems to be getting worse by the day. i feel that there must be some type of obstruction at the start of the drain.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version