Forum > Refrigerator & Freezer Repair

Whirlpool Gold Series Refrigerator - Again

<< < (8/12) > >>

niobrara:
If your unit was not defrosting your evap  would be soild ice and yes you can test it but no reason to at this time clean your drain and check the duckbill

iliiinieis:

--- Quote ---There is also a air return on the bottom of that drain pan to the right that maybe plug up with ice.Maybe take some of the lower bins out in fresh food and make sure that you get all the ice out of there and make sure its clear before putting it back together.
--- End quote ---

I checked this on the freezer side the first time it froze up and it was iced up. I did let it thaw but I did not know it went through to the friedge side. Now, this time I thawed it I left it unplugged with a space heater inside the door for about 5 hours. I will check on the fridge side too.

iliiinieis:

--- Quote ---If your unit was not defrosting your evap  would be soild ice and yes you can test it but no reason to at this time clean your drain and check the duckbill
--- End quote ---

I will check that tomorrow. Thanks for the reply. Will I know this when I see it? I cannot seem to find it in the diagram.

niobrara:
It's attached to your drain that goes into your condenser pan.

iliiinieis:
Do I access it from the back or inside the freezer/fridge side? I apologize for all the questions but I look for the parts you mention on the diagram to see what I am looking for. I injured my back late last week and want to minimize the time I end up working on this due to pain.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version