Author Topic: F9 error code  (Read 5822 times)

Offline cklassen

• Technician
F9 error code
« on: November 15, 2012, 12:04:43 PM »
Just wondering if anyone knows what the F9 error code stands for for LG walloven model# LWS3081st?

Offline cklassen

• Technician
Re: F9 error code
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2012, 12:35:20 PM »
Never mind. Found the Service manual.

Offline AJ

• Technician
    Administrator
    • ApplianceJunk.com - Appliance Repair
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2012, 01:50:35 PM »
Never mind. Found the Service manual.

Maybe you could share with us what F9 means then incase someone else comes searching for the answer. thanks.
Hope you find our website helpful.

Offline cklassen

• Technician
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2012, 05:34:29 PM »
F9 stands for no heating. It will be displayed if oven temperature in oven does not exceed 150F/66C in less than 5 minutes.

Offline AJ

• Technician
    Administrator
    • ApplianceJunk.com - Appliance Repair
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2012, 05:40:34 PM »
Thanks, please let us know what you end up finding wrong with it.
Hope you find our website helpful.

Offline cklassen

• Technician
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2012, 09:16:55 AM »
So went to customers home and tested the oven according to the service manual and it seems to lead me to the relay board. However all the service manual says is to try the relay board and if that doesn't work replace the main PCB, does anyone know if there is a way to narrow it down as this is a non-warranty job? Also after I tested things and power was reapplied I tried the oven and it started to preheat on bake and I went to see if it was heating and the door was locked, I'm not sure if that clarifies anything because both the main pcb and the relay board control the door lock. Any thoughts?

Offline tgoods

• Technician
    • Buy me a beer through paypal
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2012, 12:14:31 PM »
If you can get access to the back of the relay board, check for voltage to coil of the relay. If there's voltage and the relay is not closing, you know the relay is bad.  I'm thinking the door locking was just a power failure self check, assuming it eventually unlocked on it's own.

Offline domain

• Technician
« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2012, 08:11:46 PM »
You have to check for your low voltage to your relay pcb. This can be tricky due to the High Voltage side ;D. These relays are often put under massive stress and they seem to be failure prone! :D I also assume you checked your safety thermostats? If the customer recently put this into SELF CLEAN the safety may very well have tripped. This will cause a no heat condition but NOT shut down the rest of the stove. (IN WALL models only unless i'm mistaken)
« Last Edit: December 16, 2012, 08:25:50 PM by domain »

Offline rego

• Technician
  • Quality Service You Can Afford
    • Buy me a beer through paypal
    • Reges Service and Repair
« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2013, 07:47:03 AM »
I am heading out on this exact problem Tue.  Customer said she had relay board and thermostat replaced  6 months ago and has the F-9 again.  She's not happy. :tickedoff:

Does anyone have the manual for this one?  Have they upgraded the relay board to handle the stress you think?

Have never worked on one of these so any help would be appreciated! :thanks:

Offline dpulia

• VIP Member
« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2014, 09:46:59 PM »
LG Oven Model# LWS3081ST.  I had the problem that so many others seem to have with this oven: F9 code. I read many blogs and tried several different parts and fixed the problem myself.  It appears that the issue occurs when the oven gets too hot, most often after a self cleaning cycle.  There are two parts which look identical 1. Thermal fuse, which costs about $3, and connects two wires under a panel on the top of the oven. 2. THERMOSTAT, which costs about $12 and also connects two wires under a panel on the back side of the oven. 

In my case it was the THERMOSTAT was the problem.  After taking apart my oven the THERMOSTAT was slightly deformed after being exposed to extreme heat and it broke.  I purchased a new one from appliancepartspro.com, Part Number AP5672246. (After reading several forums I tested the PCB, Oven Sensor, Thermal fuse, and door lock mechanism and they were all fine.)

If you are handy and you want to fix yourself: turn off the circuit breaker power to oven, pull oven completely out of cabinet cavity, completely remove sheet metal panel on top and back of oven (held on by several small screws), locate THERMOSTAT which is attached to back of oven by 1 tiny screw, pull to remove the two wires attached and reattach the wires to new thermostat, re-assemble oven. 

Whirlpool Microwave F2Q1 Error Code

Started by TechnicianBrian

Replies: 0
Views: 2634
Last post April 15, 2008, 09:57:53 PM
by TechnicianBrian
Whirlpool Polara Range Error Code

Started by TechnicianBrian

Replies: 5
Views: 9501
Last post December 29, 2008, 09:03:25 PM
by TechnicianBrian