Forum > Washer Repair

LG WM2050CW balance weight broken!

<< < (2/2)

niobrara:
Or the bolts just came loose. I do not like to make assumptions about another tech, there are many different things that could have happened. I have had bearing fail in LG's, not as bad in other units. But I have had many different brands, bolts come loose.Including from the factory.

john63:
<<<Do the weights come attached to a new inner or outer tub when those are replaced?>>>

No.

<<<If it was built prior to August 2007, there is a design change on the front tub, door boot and lower balance weight.>>>

The design change is as follows...

The addition of a Drain Hole in the Door Gasket (6 o'clock postion).
A small Drain Tube that routes/runs from the Door Gasket---to the front half of the outer tub.
A hole in the Front Outer Tub---to allow water in the Door Gasket to drain.
The front/lower TUB WEIGHT was re-design with a "U" shaped "cut-out"---clearance for the small Drain Tube.

None of this though---applies to *malaya's* particular issue.

<<<I do not like to make assumptions about another tech>>>

That's being polite---nothing wrong with that.

However---after 30 years of seeing so many FUBARed repairs by other techs---I've become cynical.

malaya:
To Everyone Who Advised Me....

Thank you very much for all your help. The technician came out, opened up my washer & it appeared that the drum weight had "slid" right off the bolts...the bolts were still in place & intact. He said he'd never seen that happen before, but he reseated them & didn't charge me anything. He did apologize for it, which I took as an indirect admission of guilt. So, I think John63 was correct: he either didn't tighten them or put them in backwards when he installed my new tub in May. I just wanted to let you all know how much I appreciate your help....even though he didn't charge me, I felt empowered with knowledge in case he tried! Hopefully, this will be the end of this saga...and thank you once again. Have a great T-Day everyone!

john63:
<<<He said he'd never seen that happen before, but he reseated them & didn't charge me anything. He did apologize for it>>>

An honest tech----and a keeper.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version