365-Day Hassle Free Return Policy!  ·  AppliancePartsPros.com
Washer Parts  ·  Dryer Parts  ·  Refrigerator Parts  ·  Dishwasher Parts  ·  Range & Oven Parts  ·  All Appliance Parts 

Author Topic: Aftermarket Parts - Washer/dishwasher drain pumps (120v/60hz) etc.  (Read 105 times)

Offline andersenappliance

• Technician
I've noticed that a lot of these pumps go out in the impeller.  I've also noticed that they often have the same mounting shape/bolt pattern for the impeller housing.  I've further noticed that often, the obvious, machine specific factors like hose stubs and machine mounts are attached to the pump at the impeller housing.  The broken part; impeller or electric motor, seems to be generic, and will fit the common size. (I have a bunch of old pumps around and there is basically two types: screwed and twist.  The screwed ones are what I'm interested in.  Here is an example.4681EA2001T

The prices vary widely, and people will sometimes condemn a machine before paying $180 to replace a pump.  I'm starting to think that these are mostly generic, or, at least their specifications are essentially irrelevant to their actual use in the machine.  And, they seem to be the same style whether in a washer or dishwasher.

Does anybody have experience in using substitutions in this area?  Are there any generic or universal pumps that you'd recommend?

I get paid better when I can fix a machine, and I get happy customers when it is less expensive.  But, of course, you can also get angry customers when the new part fails - though it sometimes does even if its OEM.

On that note, DavesRepair.com has an article on his experience with using aftermarket parts.  Scroll down to #2.  He seems to think that most are pretty good, w/ some exceptions.

Embarrassing Dishwasher call

Started by Repair-man

Replies: 16
Views: 268
Last post March 17, 2013, 11:03:36 PM
by JWWebster
LG WM2233HW Washer Photos added to the gallery.

Started by AJ

Replies: 1
Views: 41
Last post April 15, 2008, 05:48:44 PM
by AJ
Discussing cheaper parts and tools in our forum

Started by AJ

Replies: 29
Views: 784
Last post August 04, 2013, 03:49:47 AM
by Wedgeman55
Canada Parts?