Forum > Washer Repair

Whirlpool Cabrio washer shuts down at start of spin & lid lock light flashes

<< < (2/2)

tagarman:
Thanks for all your help. I already checked for loose wire connections under the washer & on the board.  I will print out the service manual and maybe replace the shifter.  I'll let all of you know how I make out!

JWWebster:
Check it out I work on one of these that was doing the same thang. It had a sock in the pump. I removed it and she came back to life.
Made a movie:

tagarman:
Hello again everyone!
Thanks for all your help in this matter.  I ordered and installed a new shifter and that fixed the problem.  This is the first time I ever replaced this part.  Now that I have the service manual things should get easier in the future.  Happy Thanksgivings to all of you!!!

AJ:
Good to know, thanks for the update.   O0

Happy Thanksgivings!

Try2fixem:
The optical sensor will not sense the rotation if something is in the way.  I had a mouse get into the machine and chow down on some bird seed that my wife had on the other side of the basement.  Eventually a sunflower seed shell got into the wrong place.  Only found out when I removed the shifter to replace it.  Used a shop vac to blow the whole thing out.  Fortunately, the critter had enough to eat and didn't chew up the wiring like I read on another message board.    :tickedoff:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version