I've got a Whirlpool Duet washer model wfw9600ta01. About a week ago it threw an F70 error in the middle of a load leaving the door locked and tub full of water. I unplugged the unit and pulled the door lock release (alread had the access panel off as I've been having trouble with the door gasket leaking) but now it will not power up. When the power button is pressed it just does the three quick beeps and nothing else.
When it first happened I hit the internet looking for a solution. I found lots of information on the F70/F71 errors but it sees that's not my problem any longer (well at least not my only problem). I also found a lot of information on "the three beeps" but I recently realized that was mostly people getting three beeps when pressing the start button not the power button (regardless I've tried unplugging the heartbeat cable from the MCU with no change). A couple days ago I took the whole user interface apart and checked that all the connections were working and that none of them were shorted. Everything checked out fine and when I put it back together it actually turned on. I ran a "drain and spin" cycle to make sure the motor and everything was working correctly and it did. That didn't last long though, wife tried to do laundry the next day and it would just give the three beeps on the start button. Unfortunately I didn't get to test unplugging the MCU with this error because it was back to not turning on when I got home from work
A couple notes:
1. I've tried reseating every connection I could find (several times)
2. When the washer is plugged in I can hear the relay click (a good sign that it's not the CCU)
3. I can run the diagnostics by holding the water temp button for 3 secs and releasing for 3 secs 3 times (another good sign that it's not the CCU) - note this lists the C:00 door lock error for the most recent errors)
4. For those 5 minutes that it was working the drum was spinning (I think a good sign that it's not the MCU)
5. I have a nice DMM but aside from checking for continuity I'm not very familiar with how to use it in this situation
6. I've reviewed the word document in this link: https://secured.whirlpool.com
but as I'm not familiar very familiar with the insides of my washer I wasn't able to easily translate the information to the differing parts that my washer has (for example I was trying to troubleshoot the door switch error but couldn't figure out where on the CCU the door switch goes or where the door lock switch is)
7. I've disassembled the door switch completely and everything looks to be in order.
8. If I hold any of the buttons down on the either the center board or right board while pressing the power button it does not beep (I think a good sign for the board on the right)
9. Holding the panel lock button functions
Based on my research I believe the culprit is the user interface, something like this (not sure if this is the exact part though): W10319816
Any thoughts on this? If it is this part are they mostly interchangeable between these washers (I know the board to the right isn't as it has specialized buttons for steam, etc but it seems like these might be interchangeable)? I've looked this board over for anything amiss but didn't see anything, is anyone familiar with how to test/repair the board itself? I likely wouldn't attempt to repair it as it's surface components but if I can figure out which piece it is I might know a guy...
Any help would be greatly appreciated.