365-Day Hassle Free Return Policy!  ·  AppliancePartsPros.com
Washer Parts  ·  Dryer Parts  ·  Refrigerator Parts  ·  Dishwasher Parts  ·  Range & Oven Parts  ·  All Appliance Parts 

Author Topic: Sound advice???  (Read 94 times)

Offline darkbrewer

• Technician
Sound advice???
« on: November 07, 2012, 06:05:20 PM »
I'm new to working as a service tech  full time, and I would like to concentrate  my efforts in be coming a factory certified installer/service  technician of  high-end kitchen appliances ( Viking,Sub-zero,Wolf etc..), But having some trouble finding some info on where to start.Looking for help please.

Offline Wedgeman55

• Technician
  • Man vs Appliance - Never give up, Never surrender
Re: Sound advice???
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2012, 01:38:11 AM »
First, I would contact the various companies you want to work with.   See who is in your area already and see if it is feasible.    For instance,  I know SubZero removed several companies in our area and are only allowing one to be factory certified.   

Second,  I would find out who sells the appliances you want to work with and contact them about installing for them.   If they sell them,   they need a good installer.    You might have to get certified or something with the factory first,  though. 

Third,  best way to get into this might be to become a dealer of the appliances.  Then, you could sell them,  and install them and make both ends of the profit.     Might take more cash and upfront money to get into this,  however.   

Good luck
Commercial Laundry repair Tech and Installer  1973 to 1980
Service Manager / Technician Commercial Laundry repair company 1980 to 2002
Refrigeration - HVAC - Boiler School 1974-1976
Electronic School 1978-1979
Self Employed Appliance Repair Company 2002 to present

Offline andersenappliance

• Technician
Re: Sound advice???
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2012, 09:52:25 AM »
You might try getting a job with a factory certified outfit in your area.  Then you'll be trained, and you can possibly build a relationship with the companies you are targeting.

Advice Needed On Walk-In Cooler/Freezer

Started by iceman

Replies: 3
Views: 73
Last post January 17, 2012, 01:40:35 PM
by bigbuck
Advice from my savvy social networking friends

Started by Ronyeager

Replies: 31
Views: 289
Last post December 10, 2011, 12:22:39 AM
by Ronyeager