Forum > Range, Oven & Cooktop Repair

Amana built-in wall oven that some of the touch panel buttons won't work

<< < (3/3)

TexMark:
Thank you, AJ.  I'll put out feelers on the Maytag and Whirlpool boards, unless there is a more appropriate way to get the questions out to both.

AJ:

--- Quote from: TexMark on November 27, 2012, 10:46:11 AM ---Thank you, AJ.  I'll put out feelers on the Maytag and Whirlpool boards, unless there is a more appropriate way to get the questions out to both.

--- End quote ---

One board or the other should be good enough. No reason to double post. Good luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sperks:
I've been having exactly the same experience as TexMark and was brave enough to take the thing apart and attempt the cleaning of the ribbon. I've searched quite a lot on the Internet for part# 5765M471-60 with no success.

I hate the idea of trashing a perfectly fine 5 year old oven and I've been cooking fairly successfully with "Keep Warm+0"=170, "Bake+0"=350 and "500" for the whole winter, but as spring comes around and we start to think of baking and tackling those finer recipes I'm finally going to have to suck it up and buy another oven that doesn't match our stove.

Are there any last words of wisdom that might help me avoid defeat to the planned obsolescence?

Thanks,
Steve

tgoods:
White, 5765M472-60; Stainless, 5765M474-60; and Bisque, 5765M473-60 are still available. Maybe you can order one and give it a paint job.  Why Whirlpool would discontinue black before bisque, I don't know.

theoldstoveguy:
Probably a lot of unused Bisque(didn't sell as many) are just sitting in a warehouse.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version