Forum > Washer Repair

LG Washer WM2277HW - LE Error

<< < (3/5) > >>

john63:
<<<The homeowner turned the machine on and tried to run a load of wash WITHOUT OPENING THE WATER VALVES??? Do you think there is a chance the HALL SENSOR BLEW OUT AGAIN due to no water entering the machine??>>>

No. The "new" Hall Effect Sensors do not fail.

<<<I unplugged  the machine and tried to run diagnostics. Machine reset and ran for a minute with the water valves now open but now it is not going into HIGH SPEED SPIN or won't even spin at all or Drum will not turn the least.>>>

Verify that the DRAIN MOTOR is functioning (draining *all* of the water).

Re-Verify that the HALL SENSOR is securely and correctly installed on the STATOR (all locking tabs should be snapped on).

At the rear of the washer---there's a short WIRE HARNESS---two plugs wrapped in a clear bag which runs/routes to the MOTOR and HALL SENSOR.

Turn on the washer.
Select the SPIN SPEED button to fastest spin speed setting.
Press the START button.
Move/wiggle the short-length WIRE HARNESS---if the Motor begins to spin---there's a "break" in one of the wires.
WIRE HARNESS : 6877ER1016B

If the tub does NOT spin at all---after moving the Wire Harness back and forth...

Turn off the washer.
Press and hold the SPIN SPEED and SOIL LEVEL buttons.
Press the POWER button and release all 3 buttons.
Wait for the door to lock (single click sound).
Press the START button 3 times---at one second intervals.
What is showing in the Display?
If the Display shows "0"----replace the MAIN BOARD.
A Serial Number is needed to order the *correct* MAIN BOARD.

domain:
John63, I envy all of your knowledge when it comes to lg. i thought I knew alot. In your last statement, if while in test mode on the 1st push of the start/play button and the display reads zero with a KNOWN good newer version hall sensor, the main pcb has failed. Am I correct that the zero should be reading tub speed? Usually 40-60 rpm? Any more juicy LG info?? Im authorized;)

john63:
Hi domain :)
I "jumped-on-board" with LG almost at the moment they entered the N.American market---and was very fortunate to have (in my opinion) one of the very best Training Engineers---Bob Albright (no longer at LG,unfortunately.)

At a time when *everyone* in all departments within LG were still "on a learning-curve"---Bob was a reliable/consistent source of *definitive answers* to just about *any* possible fault in an LG appliance (Thanks,Bob--if you're ever reading this).

<<<In your last statement, if while in test mode on the 1st push of the start/play button and the display reads zero with a KNOWN good newer version hall sensor, the main pcb has failed. Am I correct that the zero should be reading tub speed? Usually 40-60 rpm?>>>

After entering TEST MODE (and the door locks)---pressing the START *once* will (as I'm sure you know) initiate a test of the DRAIN MOTOR and the tub will tumble---at roughly 43-46 RPMs.

If the DRAIN MOTOR has energized (and is working) but the Display shows "0"...

I use the DMM---to verify power to the MOTOR (Stator) from the MAIN BOARD.

If the MAIN BOARD is "good"---the next area of focus---will be the HALL SENSOR (if the Serial Number is 805 or older)---then the WIRE HARNESS (faulty wire)---then the STATOR (cracked/damaged magnet(s) ).

domain:
I can pretty much diagnose any LG appliance within minutes;) been doing it for roughly 1.5 years. I love being one of the only techs who can work on LG! Sorry to thread jack!

john63:
I can relate :)

The important thing---is that once a tech becomes trained on LG products---it's unbelievably simple. Intuitive even.

Without "formal" training---and not knowing the "digital" aspect of LG products (and for that matter---any brand today)---is what makes most non-authorized techs frustrated.

Having done warranty for Frigidaire/Electrolux...Speed Queen...Samsung etc---I can confidently state that the quality of LG training (and enthusiasm overall) is without equal.

After 2007---many of those who've been with LG in those early days---are no longer there.
A victim of "belt-tightening"---which always originates at the corporate level of most any company.
Sad to see so many of those "pioneers" leave.
Nevertheless---there's still an atmosphere "esprit de corps" at LG.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version