Forum > Refrigerator & Freezer Repair

FRS26R4A Refrigerator No Compressor or Condessor fan

<< < (3/5) > >>

tgoods:
So, the ADC is good.  Using a ground or neutral as a reference, check the red wire at E3 from the ADC to the compressor for power.  Check both plugs for burnt connectors.  Hope it's not a broken wire in the cabinet.  That would be rare but I have seen it.  In that case, you'd have to get really creative or trash the fridge.

alecat:
This fridge went out while we were on vacation is it possible that the condenser fan went out then the relay burnt out from the compresser overheater a number of times?

tgoods:
I thought you checked for voltage at the compressor.  If you have 120vac at the condensor fan and compressor, replace the fan motor and compressor relay overload assembly.

alecat:
I have no power at the condensor fan but wasn't able to probe the compressor wire. (I have a trache and can't start on the ground very long) and I will try this weekend.  I really appreciate all
your help!  O0

alecat:
I replaced the condenson fan and the start relay both now run cools to 50 degrees after a couple of hours but by morning quits cooling. It will repeat after unpluging and letting set for a while.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version