Forum > Washer Repair

Maytag Neptune mah4000 fills then stops

<< < (2/4) > >>

Ol' Lonely:

--- Quote ---If I determine that a switch is the problem where can I go get the part number
--- End quote ---

Maytag Washing Machine Model MAH4000AWW Parts

There is also a parts search box at the top of appliancejunk.com

The old part should also have the part number stamped on it.

nimu23:
Sorry to bother you again.
Since our last communication, I've done about 8 small loads using the jumper cable without a problem.
All seemed to work properly.
This morning though, I'm back to the same symptoms as before.
I pressed on, water entered, the door locked, and then shut off.
I pressed on again, more water entered, the door locked, and then the machine jumped to one side.
I verified the jumper wire I used and that it is well connected to the connector.
I unplugged the machine for about a minute and replugged it.
I pressed on, I hear humming for about 1 minute and then it shuts off.
Can you suggest anything else?

Ol' Lonely:

--- Quote ---Since our last communication, I've done about 8 small loads using the jumper cable without a problem.
All seemed to work properly.
--- End quote ---

It should only be jumped out for testing and not left jumped out so you can do 8 loads of laundry.
The switches you jumped out your there for your safety and to keep the machine from damaging itself if it gets out of balance.

After jumping it out and verifying that the washer worked the first time I would have did some troubleshooting with a multimeter to find out what switch needed to be replaced. Then replaced the bad switch and put the washer back together.

nimu23:
The loads of laudry that were done were very small and I was just testing the various options on the controls to see that they all worked properly.  Also, I was present throughout every spin cycles with the front and rear access panels open to make sure the spinning was not too unbalanced. I am aware that the sensors are there for saftey, and I wasn't intending to use the machine in that state. I should have made that clear on my previous post.

Ol' Lonely:
 O0

If you have it jumped out at the quick disconnect on the wire harness I have seen bad connections at the quick disconnects.
I have cut out the quick disconnects and wire nut the harness together.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version