Forum > Dryer Repair

LG DLE5932 doesnt stop when clothes dry.

(1/1)

cabron:
It will eventualy stop but 20 to 30 minutes after the clothes are dry, could it be lint acumulation on a sensor or a burnt out sensor.. Seems the dryer got jelous that I replaced its neighbours bellows for the drain pump last week and now it wants attention.. :rofl:
Thanks for the help guys.

LowSL2:
Does it have a setting to adjust dryness level? Might have to turn it down a click or two to less dry.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

cabron:
It does but it doesnt affect it , I have been reading up a bit and it seems it has a humidity sensor that sometimes gets covered with fabric softener and it affects the reading.. Sensor is a 3$ part, now i'm trying to find where the sensor is inside that beast, looking for a schematic.. I have a feeling it needs a good cleaning after 11 years of use.. I have seen quite a built up of lint when I cleaned the exhaust vent from the outside of the house..

LowSL2:
I'd you're talking about the sensor bars inside the dryer, they can be cleaned with alcohol.  The only other sensors that I can think of are inside the blower housing. Would need to disassemble the front of the machine to get to them.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

wildimaginations:
You may have a board that gets stuck at the 6 minute mark and just keeps going and going.  If that's the case, the board needs to be replaced.

Another thing you can do is time dry.  Set the dryer for a 40 minute time dry and see if that works.  If you need more time to dry, you can go 50 minutes or 60 minutes.

Hope this helps.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version