Forum > Refrigerator & Freezer Repair

LFC25760SB - Interior Lights Issue

<< < (3/3)

CheffyRedux:

--- Quote from: john63 on November 12, 2012, 10:36:40 PM ---
<<<I've noticed that if the door is open and I repeatedly depress the door switch, the interior lights will flicker>>>

<<<That's right, i forgot to mention that we had that issue back in Sept 2011 where the light melted the cover.  We had that repaired for free by LG.  A year later, I now have the opposite problem as you pointed out.>>>

Every single incident that I've encountered with the above-mentioned-symptoms---an LG authorized "technician" stated to the customer that the MAIN BOARD and LIGHTBULB ASSY (with  a thermostat) was replaced.

In each case---the MAIN BOARD had **NOT** been replaced.
Only the LIGHTBULB ASSY was replaced.

--- End quote ---

Certainly seemed to be the case here.  Amazing, it was simple to just replace the main board as well.

domain:
Light recall from LG should be FREE within 10 years of the build date. Many parts are replaced(Determined by extent of damage) but the main PCB had a faulty relay. Comparing MANY of the new vs old PCBs side by side, they have much Larger relays. They also include a updated bulb sockets with a Bi-metal to prevent the bulbs from sticking ON. NOTE: All new LG fridges should be built with LEDs due to energy efficiency, THIS problem, and futuristic look! O0

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version