Forum > Refrigerator & Freezer Repair

LFC25760SB - Interior Lights Issue

(1/3) > >>

CheffyRedux:
I'm having an issue with the interior lights of my LG LFC25760SB, manufactured in 2006.  When the doors are opened, the interior lights do not come on.

We've tried a few things with no results:

* Replaced bulbs with bulbs tested in another appliance
* Replaced the light socket with this http://www.appliancezone.com/ShowProduct.aspx?ID=43735
While troubleshooting, I've noticed that if the door is open and I repeatedly depress the door switch, the interior lights will flicker, so they are getting some power, they just won't remain on.  I'm not sure what I should be looking for to further troubleshoot or what parts to replace, looking for some guidance from the community.

AJ:
Hi, most likely a problem with the main control board.
I looked up your model and it uses control board part # 6871JB1423N

Here is a some what similar problem in a topic you may find helpful.
LG Fridge Model LFD21860 Lights Remain On

tgoods:
These have a problem with the light relay staying on and melting the light cover.  It sounds like you have the opposite problem. The fix is new cover and light sockets with a thermal fuse and a new control board with a larger light relay. Contact LG customer service, it should be a free repair.

CheffyRedux:

--- Quote from: tgoods on October 20, 2012, 05:15:52 PM ---These have a problem with the light relay staying on and melting the light cover.  It sounds like you have the opposite problem. The fix is new cover and light sockets with a thermal fuse and a new control board with a larger light relay. Contact LG customer service, it should be a free repair.

--- End quote ---

That's right, i forgot to mention that we had that issue back in Sept 2011 where the light melted the cover.  We had that repaired for free by LG.  A year later, I now have the opposite problem as you pointed out.  I tried calling LG about it last month, they pointed me to a local tech who look at it and told me what I already know, the light's not working.

CheffyRedux:

--- Quote from: AJ on October 20, 2012, 05:13:19 PM ---Hi, most likely a problem with the main control board.
I looked up your model and it uses control board part # 6871JB1423N

Here is a some what similar problem in a topic you may find helpful.
LG Fridge Model LFD21860 Lights Remain On

--- End quote ---

Thanks for the input, I'll look into the control board and will try LG again with the info in the thread you shared.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version