When you put the oven on bake it will fire up perfectly and go up to the temperature for approx 20 minutes and then it shuts down. At this point it will shut down or it will freeze. If it freezes then I have to unplug the unit and then plug it back in to get it working. Obviously we can't cook like this!
GE doesn't service our area so we had to go to sears. They have been here 7 times and the unit still does not work. They replaced the temperature sensor, control panel, cover for the control panel, etc. They told me they were out of things to replace and they don't know what it is. Ugh.
I've noticed the top of the unit above the knobs gets extremely hot. Any chance the panel itself could be overheating? Perhaps if it were better insulated the unit would not malfunction. I'm grasping at straws here. I really don't want to buy another oven.