Author Topic: Drain blaster  (Read 3060 times)

Offline Wedgeman55

• Technician
  • Man vs Appliance - Never give up, Never surrender
Re: Drain blaster
« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2012, 02:28:07 AM »
    I carry a drain blaster,  2 steamers (incase one breaks during a job which happened before to me and had finish job with my backup hairdryer which takes forever),  and several small snakes.    I use Shark steamers with a hold down latch,  makes job easier on you thumb.   For some of the big, old GE evaporators,   I hook up both steamers and use 2 hands to make the job go faster.   I can snake out some dishwasher hoses without removing dishwasher and this is good.   Steamer is best tool to clear a plugged drain tube for my purposes.   I rarely use the CO2 drainblaster,  but I did buy it when it first came out.   Potential for damaging tube is too great in my opinion.   

I also carry a small Air compressor and can use that if I need a shot of compressed air,  or for cleaning coils,  etc.   I have a small needle-nose gun I got from Harbor Freight that works perfect on a lot of jobs,  especially blowing lint out of motors.   
Commercial Laundry repair Tech and Installer  1973 to 1980
Service Manager / Technician Commercial Laundry repair company 1980 to 2002
Refrigeration - HVAC - Boiler School 1974-1976
Electronic School 1978-1979
Self Employed Appliance Repair Company 2002 to present

Offline dab147315

• Technician
« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2012, 02:31:24 PM »
Niobrara  Just got my steamer MC1235 today from Amazon.Heats up fast steam last a long time many thanks.Propably have to be careful that all the water is out in winter time.You can fill it up when its hot and one fill last at least 13 minutes.I love that dam thing.Wife is eye balling it  too.Told her to buy her own one.If she does then i will have two.I,ll store it in my truck.She will never find it there.Thanks again.

Offline niobrara

• Technician
« Reply #12 on: September 28, 2012, 08:54:44 PM »
I just run mine empty in a sink every time i use , mine is about 2 years old i think . Man has it been good to me. Hope yours works as well as mine has.

Offline Wedgeman55

• Technician
  • Man vs Appliance - Never give up, Never surrender
« Reply #13 on: September 29, 2012, 02:49:05 AM »
With My steamer I run CLR through it about once a month.   I put a solution of about half CLR/Half water in there and let it clean the calcium and deposits off the heating coils.   Heat it up for a few minutes,  let it sit,   and swish it around.    Then rinse several times,  and coils are clean again.   
Commercial Laundry repair Tech and Installer  1973 to 1980
Service Manager / Technician Commercial Laundry repair company 1980 to 2002
Refrigeration - HVAC - Boiler School 1974-1976
Electronic School 1978-1979
Self Employed Appliance Repair Company 2002 to present

Offline AJ

• Technician
    Administrator
    • ApplianceJunk.com - Appliance Repair
« Reply #14 on: April 14, 2013, 09:16:02 AM »
Here a drain blaster that i found does anyone have one.Thinging about buying one.

Did you ever end up buying one of these?
If so what do you think of it?
Hope you find our website helpful.

Offline dab147315

• Technician
« Reply #15 on: April 14, 2013, 09:38:13 AM »
I did not buy one but,I think you could find a lot of uses for it.Plug up drain line on a central a/c.Drain lines on refrigerators.

Offline Patricio

• Technician
  • Tight Lines
« Reply #16 on: April 14, 2013, 11:07:51 AM »
I use distilled water with mine to keep deposits down.  Thinking about a spare also.   Have small pancake compressor, turn pressure way down, to clear drain, while I am at it clean condenser coil also, have my shop vac to suck out all melted ice water.
Great Old Fashion Hometown Service