Forum > Washer Repair

Kenmore Elite Washer

(1/2) > >>

cklassen:
I'm working on a Kenmore Elite FL Washer model #110.42832201. It on occasion will fill with water on it's own but it's only once and a while. Anyone come  across this and/or what could the problem be. How do you diagnosis something so intermittent?

AJ:
Sounds like water is leaking past the water inlet valve.
I would replace the water inlet valve, part # 8181694

cklassen:
Would that actually fill the tub enough to run out the door?

AJ:
Never seen one leak that bad. If you think the machine is some how powering the water inlet valve on it's own have them unplug the washer for a day or two and see if the washer still fills with water on it's own.

How is there water pressure?
Are they on city water or a well?

Wedgeman55:
To check water valve,   turn machine on fill,  turn to cold water fill.   Unplug several times.  See if water shuts off immediately,  or if it keeps running a little.   Or a Lot.   Do the same with hot.   If it keeps running,  replace valve like AJ said.    Even if it doesn't,   I would replace valve, can't be much else.   Depending on you water quality,  valve could be plugged internally a little and be causing this.      I would highly doubt the machine is powering up itself and turning on valve,  but hey,  with this electronic equipment anything can happen.   

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version