Forum > Washer Repair

Thong trouble

(1/2) > >>

nivard:
Helping a friend fix a non-working Whirlpool washer I found that the pump was jammed with two pairs of thongs. Jammed pump= jammed motor = nothing happens after water fill. I freed the pump and watched it go through a cycle without problem. However I think it vibrates too much in spin mode. When checking to see if a spring was missing or something I saw that there are two plastic cups attached to the frame under the tub and in these cups are metal pins which could be pushed up through holes in two metal plates and then these plates would have limited movement. What I would like to know is whether these pins should be in the plastic cups or whether they should be holding the two metal plates together to stop them moving?

Model Number: LXR9245EQ1

AJ:

--- Quote ---What I would like to know is whether these pins should be in the plastic cups or whether they should be holding the two metal plates together to stop them moving?
--- End quote ---

They should be in the plastic cups.

The attached pdf file will show you more about them.

JWWebster:
Those are shipping pins. They need to be removed. They should have been removed when they were delivered. Simply shove the pin sideways till it pops out.

AJ:

--- Quote from: JWWebster on May 04, 2008, 02:07:35 PM ---Those are shipping pins. They need to be removed. They should have been removed when they were delivered. Simply shove the pin sideways till it pops out.

--- End quote ---

JW, he said they were in the plastic cups already. The pins get dropped into them cups when the shipping strap is removed from the back of the washer. The reason the pins fall into the cups is just so they don't end up on the floor.

If the pins are in the cups they are fine as that is were they should be.

nivard:
Well that has cleared that up!  Thank you all for your expert advice.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version