Forum > Washer Repair

Elite Oasis Washer Door Lock Question

(1/2) > >>

AKRefugee:
Kenmore Elite Oasis HT Model 110.28087700

I am trying to understand just how this machine knows if the lid is closed or not.
I have been told it is done through the Door Lock Module but what I have not been able
to find out is just how the it does it. Is there a switch somewhere else like on something attached
to the lid itself?

I am asking this question because I got the Door Lock Fail code (well that and I could see the tab was physically broken) so I replaced
the Door Lock PN W10059230 but I am now getting a LID code. I am now wondering if there is a switch I am missing somewhere else
or if there is another part of the locking mechanism I am physically missing. I have gone over every connection and verified it was all done correctly.

blueman28:
You may have problems with the control board put the washer in test mode

bigbuck:
check the lid switch accuator on lid, make sure it springs back.

niobrara:
Sometimes you have to put it thru diagnostics to get the code to clear.

AKRefugee:
I have done all the diagnostic test and cleared codes and all. What I am getting is the LID code.

What I am trying to find out is just how does the machine know that the lid is not closed.

I have looked all around the lid and the lid hinges and can not find any switches or wires leading to a switch. So what tells the machine the lid is closed?

Ride Happy, Ride Safe

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version