Offline JWWebster

• Technician
  • SublimeMasterJW
    • Buy me a beer through paypal
    • JW's Sublime Appliance Advice
F-35
« on: September 04, 2012, 08:33:41 PM »
A person wrote me:
I have a Whirlpool Duet (steam model, built in 2007). Getting the ever common "sud" and "F35" error. Done all the typical research. Took top and bottom off. Everything clear. Have not taken back off and looked at the actual "air trap". But, I can blow throw the black tube that connects to the pressure sensor switch. All research seems to point to the notion/belief that my sensor is bad.

4 basic questions (with several related sub-questions):
1. What does this "switch" reeeeally do? In what manner? Is it for safety? Because, well, my problem is probably that electronic switch because if I just disconnect that black hose and put the top end of that black hose outside the washer, then my machine works just fine. ..although I have not done a steam cycle yet. Is it safe to do what I did (unhook the black tube)?

2. I have read online that Whirlpool has SEVERAL replacement versions of that switch. How does a person know which version to get and which Whirpool part number is TRULY the latest/greatest/best?

3. Air trap. Did you check that first?

4. Air dome. Did you also check that?

Any thoughts?
May the hinges of our friendship
        never grow rusty.

About the icons: The beer is tip link, if a tech saves ya some money buy em a 6 pack. The small green square=personal message. The green dot is a link to my web page on appliance repair and other general BS I love to post. The letter sends me email.
I love fan letters! LOL

Offline Montana Tech

• VIP Member
Re: F-35
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2012, 09:43:22 PM »
Ahh the dreaded F35 error.  Pretty much every time we have had this it turns out to be the pressure switch.  I think the error actually says its the heating circuit or suds issue in the tech sheet.  The different part number is determined by the model number.  Do you have the model & serial?  Hope this helps.