Author Topic: Arghh *&$#@! Please lend a hand. LG WD-3274RHD door switch error "dE" from hell  (Read 1862 times)

Offline ThunderHammer

• VIP Member
Howdy everybody,

Happy Labor Day for everyone except me and the error code from the spawn of satan.  Machine was working fine. The error code is still "dE" after replacing the door assembly switch.

If I try to run a cycle the drain pump turns (there is no water to drain) on after the displayed error code of dE. The problem started after I heard the drain pump struggling. So I then disassembled the pump to check working order and make sure there were no debris. Reassembled all parts and was getting the dE error. Thought the switch had gone bad so replaced it and still have the dE error. Is there a fuse or reset that might be the solution? I was considering replacing the water pump as the next step... Many thanks for any advice, William

Update:
             I have tried everything the past few days to fix this. Here is my latest assessment the old door switch assembly (already replaced) looked burned out between two of the contacts. The wiring diagram for this machine looks as though it has a wired connection from the door switch to the drain pump and control panel. This might explain the drain pump coming on 10 sec. or so after the dE error code is displayed. If I hit pause after the code is displayed then the pump makes a strange struggling/pulsing sound? In conclusion is it possible the old door switch assembly shorted out and triggered a fuse or a surge to blowout the controller?
  How can I repair this puppy because I have such limited funds at the moment....?

Many thanks for looking!

PS  uploaded a .mov file here is the link (should be uploaded by 7pm pst)=        http://dropcanvas.com/vdioq
« Last Edit: September 03, 2012, 08:46:35 PM by ThunderHammer »

Offline wildimaginations

• Technician
You may have a bad relay switch inside the control board due to that burn out in door switch.  That's the only thing left that would give you a DE error code.
Appliance Service Technician
Authorized servicer on LG appliances.
About 45 mins east of San Francisco

Offline ThunderHammer

• VIP Member
Thanks for the reply.  I like your member photo thought it was  a burning man contraption at first.

To clarify, the control board is the same as the control panel behind the display correct?

Would that be a repairable or replacement of the entire control panel? 

Big help thanks man.

You may have a bad relay switch inside the control board due to that burn out in door switch.  That's the only thing left that would give you a DE error code.

Offline wildimaginations

• Technician
Apparently your model number is not listed with my service area so I would assume that this not a USA sold model.  This unit sounds like a combo washer/dryer unit.  If it is, the control board would either be in the back of washer next to the water valves or located down at the bottom of the washer towards the rear of the unit.  The display panel would only hold the display board and is not the control board.  Both boards are not repairable, at least to my knowledge.

Offline AJ

• Technician
    Administrator
    • ApplianceJunk.com - Appliance Repair
Diagram and parts list for model WD-3274RHD

#A450 in the diagram is listed at PCB Main Assembly Part # 6871ER1049S
Hope you find our website helpful.

Offline ThunderHammer

• VIP Member
Thanks.  What are my chances to repair the PCB relay?

Offline wildimaginations

• Technician
Can't repair.  It's encased in waterproof sealant.  If you try, let us know how it goes.

Offline ThunderHammer

• VIP Member
Going to give it a shot tomorrow.  The control board looks as though a resistor over heated.  Going to try to replace by removing and scraping away the sealant. Not sure what to re seal with..?   I'll let you know. 

Offline ThunderHammer

• VIP Member
Hi i wanted to update you guys. Looks like I need a little more help. 

I removed the PCB and spotted an overheated relay near the blue three prong plug that connects to the door switch assembly.  I was able to carve out the silicone waterproofing and re-solder a new appropriate relay.  After reinstalling the PCB still getting the same error code and pump action.  Do you guys know where I might be able to find a used PCB or something more affordable than $170.00 ? 

And if so, do you think my odds of fixing the machine with a new/used PCB are good enough?

Many Thanks.

Offline AJ

• Technician
    Administrator
    • ApplianceJunk.com - Appliance Repair
Do you guys know where I might be able to find a used PCB or something more affordable

Websites ApplianceJunk.com are affiliated with.
RepairClinic.com
AppliancePartsPros.com

What does this mean?
If you click on a text link, banner, image or search button on our site that takes you to one of the affiliate sites listed above and then make a purchase from that site we receive a small commission from the sale.

No harm in buying and trying.
Any parts ordered from RepairClinic.com or AppliancePartsPros.com through our site can be returned for any reason for up to 365 days!

We appreciate your support.

Hope you find our website helpful.

My Maytag gives the error code "do" and the door is closed.

Started by briancalhoun

Replies: 2
Views: 1792
Last post August 15, 2009, 12:14:54 PM
by briancalhoun
GE frontload washer says "door locked" and won't cycle.

Started by hhrussell

Replies: 1
Views: 4799
Last post April 27, 2009, 04:30:36 AM
by Repair-man
Kenmore/Whirlpool Calypso "FL" error code

Started by mdevera211

Views: 4044
Last post August 07, 2010, 02:40:51 PM
by JWWebster
cabrio washer "ol" error can it be caused by spongy tile flooring or by a move?

Started by nicholasp

Views: 708
Last post May 28, 2014, 04:06:16 PM
by RAH52
He2 Plus 110.4751 - Washer "F21" intermittant error.

Started by ShakesO

Replies: 4
Views: 163
Last post November 30, 2014, 01:08:43 PM
by rockinrobin
Frigidaire Affinity Front Load ATF6000ES1, NO Agitation/spin, Error "E5E"

Started by sridiculous

Replies: 5
Views: 209
Last post December 09, 2014, 12:03:36 AM
by Washaman